This past weekend I got together with my college friends for a reunion in San Francisco, and we had such a blast! It kills me that we live all over the country (in Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina and California to be exact), but we've been lucky enough to see each other a few times a year for weddings and bachelorette parties. Since we don't have any coming up, we decided to start what I hope will become an annual tradition.
I flew out super early on Friday morning and was in California by 11:00am, just in time for lunch outside!
After lunch we strolled in and out of stores, and I have decided that I could legitimately move in to Paper Source.
And then we parked ourselves at a wine bar and talked for hours and hours before getting ready for dinner at Foreign Cinema.
On Saturday we went to brunch at the Ferry Building and then walked around enjoying such deliciousness as salted chocolate ice cream.
Then we drove across town for another walk near the Golden Gate bridge. The weather was seriously to die for.
And then we again parked ourselves at a wine bar (when in California...) and talked until we decided we should probably shower and figure out dinner. Saturday night was spent enjoying take in, wine and cookie dough. A truly perfect night in my book!
Meanwhile, the husband was holding down the fort and sending me pictures of the boys' weekend. I am pretty sure Thatcher enjoyed several bottles in front of the TV but c'est la vie. This picture cracks me up because it's the wrong shirt (those are clearly cars on his pants - ha ha) but I was so appreciative to get away that honestly I didn't care if Thatcher ran around naked all weekend.
Plus, they got lots of packing done, so now our house looks like a bomb went off. But at least it wasn't me doing the packing so I'll take what I can get!
I can't believe we close in a week and then only have 3 weeks to get the new house painted before we have to be out of here! The next 2-3 weeks are going to be insane but fun!


5 comments:
A girls' weekend in Cali sounds awesome! Glad you got to see your friends...and that you didn't have to pack this weekend! :)
YOU WERE IN SF?!?! How fun! Looks like you hit up some great spots, too . . . isn't Foreign Cinema such a cool experience? I'm glad the weather was so beautiful this past weekend--it's been unpredictable lately. Glad you had such a great trip!
What a fabulous trip!! SF is so beautiful and such a fun city. Perfect for a girls' weekend. So glad you had a terrific time - every girl needs weekends like that with great friends :) Your husband babysat & did the packing? That's a major win!
What a great girls trip! It's amazing that you guys all got together even though it seems like you're all over the US. And the hubs - what a guy! ;)
Wow--how special to do this! I have been really lucky that my closest college friends and I have stayed in touch since May, but the fact that you have continued this for years is great! I hope to do the same!
Post a Comment