January 18, 2012

And the theme is...

I got lots of creative guesses about the theme of Thatcher's 1st birthday. Someone threw out Mardi Gras, and when I looked at the picture I realized that the paper products do look a tad lavender, but rest assured that they are in fact a pale blue. I probably need to find better things to worry about, but I actually ordered 2 shades of blue and sent back the ones that didn't work. You know, because I don't have enough going on with my full-time job.

Danielle (who is actually from Louisiana as well) actually guessed the correct theme: alligators!

Since Thatcher was about 6 weeks old, we have affectionately called him The Thatcher Gator. It all started when the husband and I watched a marathon of one of our favorite shows, Swamp People. We seriously love the show, and we jokingly started calling Thatcher by this silly nickname. It just sort of stuck, though we don't really use it in public or anything. Anyway, I thought it'd be a cute theme for his birthday since I am pretty sure the days of Star Wars, Thomas the Tank Engine and other obnoxious delightful cartoons are coming.


I am asbolutely thrilled with how these came out and highly recommend Sweet Birdie's Nest. We have lots of other cute paper items like return address labels, favor tags and a high chair banner, and they were so patient in working with me, the frustrated talented graphic designer that I am.

Hopefully it won't rain, but the positive news is that if it does, we should have a fabulous back-up plan: our new house! We made it through the inspection period and have negotiated a new purchase price with the sellers. They have been so wonderful to work with, and it's been great not to have to rely on an agent as the middle (wo)man. We are targeting an early February closing, so I guess we need to start packing! And for those of you who are counting, this will be Thatcher's 3rd home in one year and the husband and I's 7th in five years. That's a story for another day but we are looking forward to staying put in one home for the foreseeable future!

8 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

I love the theme and the invites!! Have a wonderful time celebrating all of these exciting times!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

I cannot wait to see everything! I love the theme! And, um, that's a lot of homes for his 1 year of life haha.

Elizabeth said...

the invitations are super cute!
H has lived in 4 houses in 2 years and M & I have lived in 7 in 5 years!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the blue & green alligator theme - too cute! I hate packing. I even complained for days about packing up our Christmas decorations. I bet this will be the last time you pack up & move for a long while though. Congrats - I know y'all are so excited!!

Danielle said...

So exciting about your house! Congrats! We Move alot as well sonI can certainly relate. Will be praying for good weather for his party. Can't wai to see pics!

Natalie said...

What a fun theme! I love it!

Andie said...

There is a embroidery boutique called Personalized Creations and Monogramming from Bay St. Louis that does "choot 'em" onesies and tshirts! My good friend Karen got one for Andrew for when he was born and it's one of my favorite shirts for him (because I watched tons of Swamp People when I was pregnant, too!) LOL

I don't know if you were planning on dressing Thatcher in anything "themed" for the occasion- but she also makes jon-jons and longalls and such with different appliques.

Super cute idea! :) We have pretty much decided that since our little guy was born in the summer- it's pool parties for him until he gets bored with them! :)

Kat said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!