You all should know by now: I am not quite complete without a party to plan! As soon as the ornaments and stockings were put away, I was on to planning Thatcher's 1st birthday. I have actually had the theme chosen for quite some time (since he was approximately 3 months old for those of you who are counting), and I ordered the invitations before the holidays. Obsessive compulsive? Maybe. But I am a planner. And good parties are planned in advance.
I have so many people tell me "it's so hard to plan a party" or "you're so organized" or "I haven't done a thing yet!" But really, this party planning business is pretty easy. You just have to, well, plan. And be organized. It doesn't take Martha Stewart to throw a great party, but the woman does provide some amazing inspiration.
In planning Thatcher's party, I came across my new favorite resource: Celebrate Express.
People, they have solo cups in every color of the rainbow. What more creativity do you need?!? Pick a color and run with it! In fact, one of the cutest 1st birthday parties I've seen is Ethan's Orange and Yellow shin dig. Thatcher's 1st birthday festivities are not centered around a specific color, but this really and truly makes anyone look like a professional party planner. So, here's a sneak peek at some purchases!
Any guesses on the theme? If anyone guesses correctly, I will totally send your baby a party favor (they are cute, believe me!) For real.
For the invitations, I turned to Sweet Birdie's Nest. They have been fabulous to work with, and I am thrilled with the final product. But, I am not sharing -- yet! Once they are stamped and delivered I will reveal them but not until then. Nerd alert: party of one. But seriously, what's the point of invitations if you go sharing them with your internet friends (and some real friends) in advance?
I am really happy with how everything is coming together, but I am not happy about Thatcher turning 1. I mean, I am happy, but if I had the power to stop time I would. In just one month we will be celebrating our little man - everyone pray for beautiful weather!


7 comments:
Pretty colors! I think greeb for alligators :) ha just a thought! Your parties always turn out very cute and I am sure Thatcher's will be absolutely precious.
Can't wait to see what all you come up with! I'm sure it is going to be super cute and thanks for the link back :)
Mardi gras!
It's a Tulane Green Wave themed party?
SO cute! I am sure it will be perfect for Thatcher! Can't wait to see all your ideas!!!!
I know exactly what you mean about the first birthday! And where were you to tell me about this party express like a month ago!!!!!
I started planning J's 1st birthday party back in Nov. My husband was like, "are you serious?" :)
I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Post a Comment