We've been so busy the past few weeks with the husband's birthday, Christmas, parties, New Year's and more....but before too much time elapses, I want to do my annual year in review. I love looking back at my 2010 in review post - it's just fun to see what was going on each month!
January 2011
I was extremely busy with work and trying to prepare for maternity leave. I was large and in charge and ready for baby boy to get here!
February 2011
I think it's safe to say that this month will go down as one of the best in our lives. Thatcher William arrived on February 10 after a rather easy labor and delivery. We were sleepless and delirious but thrilled beyond belief.
March 2011
Thatcher and I soaked up the gorgeous weather in New Orleans and took long strolls in the park. The husband and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with drinks and a nice dinner at NOLA. Thatcher also celebrated his first Mardi Gras, made his debut at his Sip N See and turned 1 month old!
April 2011
April brought our first trip to the beach and Thatcher's first Easter. I was still on blissful maternity leave, so we did a whole lot of relaxing and lounging.
May 2011
May was wonderful and hard all at the same time. Thatcher was baptized on Mother's Day, and we had a beautiful service and brunch. I had to go back to work the next day, though, so it was bittersweet. I missed my little guy so much but also loved getting back into a more normal routine because - let's face it - I lived in pajamas for 3 months. And my wallet was shrinking due to daily coffee with friends.
June 2011
June might go down as the craziest month of 2011. We had 2 weddings on back-to-back weekends, and I was working like a mad woman. We had to leave Thatcher for the first time, and he was having major weight issues. Our house got broken into, and life was insane. The highlights of June were watching the husband's brother and our sister-in-law get married in Los Angeles and then standing in a dear friend's wedding the following weekend. I was absolutely drowning in my personal and work life, but weddings make it all better.
I turned the big 3-0 and the husband threw a fabulous 30th birthday party for me. We also celebrated Thatcher's first 4th of July at my parents' pool. I was still insanely busy at work and remember looking SO forward to our August beach vacation.
August 2011
We took another family vacation to the beach, and Thatcher turned 6 months old. In other words, he was halfway to a year. Tears. I also started my new role at work (where I get to work from home - woohoo!) and things calmed down dramatically. I finally felt like I had some actual balance, as I was working 70-80 hours a week for most of May, June and July. My aunt (my mom's younger sister) also got to meet Thatcher for the first time.
September 2011
We moved into our new place, and Thatcher continued to grow despite my best efforts to stop him! We spent a lot of time hanging out on the couch watching football and made sure Thatcher knew exactly who to cheer for! This is also the month Thatcher became mobile, and he hasn't stopped crawling like a mad man since! We enjoyed more playdates with friends, too.
October 2011
In October we were lucky enough to have friends visit us from Georgia, and Thatcher had a blast playing with their son Parker. Thatcher also started his new school, which has been a total blessing and a wonderful fit for us. Thatcher pulled up to standing for the first time, which was so fun to watch. We carved a pumpkin together, had a Halloween playdate and thought Thatcher made the cutest lobster ever.
November 2011
We celebrated Thatcher's first Thanksgiving with both sides of our family, and I traveled to Brooklyn for work. November seemed to fly right by...
December 2011
December was a fabulous month of celebrations: Thatcher's first Christmas, the husband's 30th birthday, a visit from good friends in Tampa and so much more. I have no idea where December went, but it's gone. December brought Thatcher's first steps, his first tooth and entirely too many calories.
I don't know where the time goes, but 2011 was very good to our family. It's amazing in particular to see all of the babies that our friends have been blessed with and how they've grown and changed. It's been a crazy, life-changing and exciting year, and we are hopeful for an equally wonderful 2012!

















5 comments:
so cute to see him growing up over the year!! what a crazy year for you. hope 2012 is great!
I love this recap! It is so amazing how fast time goes.
I also had the photo problem, and it took me forever to figure out. It's due to the space blogger allows you for photos. You can buy extra storage space for a few bucks and it'll last you a LONG time. I had to do it, after I deleted albums and pictures on my blog went away, and I was so pissed! Good luck!
Love the review of 2011!
Thatcher has grown so much! Such a big year for you!
I love seeing recaps! And Thatcher is a big smiling ball of awesomeness in pretty much every single picture. He must be the happiest baby :)
Post a Comment