I don't know if it's because the calendar hit February and I am an emotional mess about it being Thatcher's birthday month or what, but this morning I am feeling so overwhelmed with love for our little one and thankful for the journey of the past year. I was thinking about blogging about paint colors for the new house this morning, but that feels so ridiculous and trivial for some reason. All of a sudden it just hit me that we have been blessed beyond measure. And I don't mean in the big, obvious ways, though we've got a lot to be thankful for in that sense, too. We have two fabulous jobs, a house under contract, an adorable little boy, a Church that we love and lots of supportive family and friends. With everything going on, it is easy to forget about and miss the little blessings. And those are what I am most grateful for today.
The perfect sound of a newborn's first cry
10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes
Being able to take our baby for walks in the fresh air
Watching all of the milestones: smiles, laughs, first solids, sitting up, walking
Little chunky legs running all over the house
When we're caught up in the busyness of life, it's easy to take all of the little things for granted. No one is guaranteed a perfect pregnancy or healthy baby (or anything else for that matter), yet sometimes I know I am guilty of falling into the trap of believing that we should all just get married, have a few babies when we want them, decorate some nurseries and go on with life. And for some people it does happen like that. But if only it were that easy for everyone. It reminds me of that quote "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back!"
So today I feel undeservingly grateful for the littlest blessings in our life, which are not little at all. When I stop and think about it, they are actually the biggest blessings we have.





19 comments:
This post just made me so happy!!
Love this! Sometimes we get so caught up in our wants that we forget what all we have already been blessed with.
Isn't it crazy to see how many changes they go through in the first year? It is so fun but sad all at the same time!
Oh my goodness I love this little recap of the special little moments you have had his first year!! Such a blessing! He is such a cutie pie!!!
Love this. It is so easy to fall into the daily routine of life and forget how lucky & blessed you really are--I am very guilty of that! The first year really does go by SO FAST. Happy birthday month to your little guy!
Loved this!! Thatcher is so precious and super lucky to have such a awesome momma who recognizes that the small things really ARE the big things!!!!
I can relate. My daughter's birthday is in February too and she's turning 1 and I am an emotional mess. So happy and excited, but sad that my little tiny baby is hardly that anymore. It's so easy to get lost in life, but these babies truly make you realize what is special and important!
I'm so glad that you're feeling so blessed. :) I know that I am, too, in my own way; it is hard for me to remember that right now b/c my grandma is very sick and I am very sad, but in the big picture, I know I have so much to be thankful for.
Thank you for your sweet comment! Thatcher is so cute and I love his name!
So true! I love this post!
Amen. Thank you for spreading abundant joy today ;)
What a perfect post! I couldn't agree more!
This goes along beautifully with the url of your blog. So many things to be grateful for, and such a nostalgic time of year. God's blessings are abundant.
Oh, this post made me want to cry - maybe because my boy's birthday is coming up too, and I remember that first moment like it was yesterday! I love this post - you are so right. The little blessings really aren't so little!
Amen! Couldn't have said it better. He looks like such a sweetheart, and I'm so excited for you and his birth month. It just seems to get better and better as they grow. Some challenges, yes, but they are amazing little beings of love!
This post made me smile. :)
Beautiful post! Couldn't agree more.
I KNOW! This is such a heartfelt post and the pictures are priceless! We are so blessed :)
My son turned 1 in January and I'm soooo grateful that it often brings me to tears- joyful tears! Sometimes I watch him sleep during nap time and can't believe he's mine.
awww nugget!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so exciting but SO HARD. I feel like my heart is just out there, breaking into pieces with every milestone, but I'm so darn proud.
Post a Comment