First we met up with some of the husband's business school friends, and they had an awesome set up with a tent, food and music. We hung out there for a while, and Thatcher had a blast walking stumbling all over the neutral ground. It was also right next to a family friend's party, so we were able to meet up with my parents as well.
Saturday was a total washout, and it literally poured all day long. I was pretty bummed out because Saturday is my favorite day of Mardi Gras, but we managed to get a bunch of boxes over to the new house between the rain. The work is coming along pretty well, but there is no way everything will be done by the time we move next weekend.
On Sunday we headed uptown around 9:00am in an attempt to get to Church before the parades (our Church is also right on the parade route). This proved to literally be impossible, as we ended up parking about 1.5 miles away and by the time we got there we were 15-20 minutes late. So we essentially turned around and headed back to our friends' party. It was really cold and windy Sunday morning but warmed up by the afternoon. Right as the sun came out and the day was becoming beautiful, cue Thatcher's meltdown and demands to go home! I can't count how many times one of us or a friend said "Mardi Gras with a baby is SO different!"
Thatcher was pretty clear about when he had had enough!
We had a ton of fun and think next year will be even better! Thankfully he's not old enough to understand what's going on, but next year I am sure there will be a few tears when we don't catch things that he wants. We witnessed more than one meltdown like that!
We're both home from work today, so we're off to bring more stuff to the new house and check on progress.













15 comments:
It looks like Thatcher had a great time! I'm sure when he's older he'll be asking to go!
A baby with beads... I LOVE IT!
My fave pic is of Thatcher with a bottle and beads around his neck - a true NOLA baby. So adorable! Praying things move faster than expected at your new home this week. Y'all enjoy your holiday :)
I wound up dropping the husband off yesterday because I knew there would be multiple meltdowns if we spent all day out at the parades.... so I just dropped the husband off to hang out with friends.
We are probably going to go for a little while tomorrow, though since the weather is supposed to be nice!
I hope y'all have a great Mardi Gras! I love his little shirt! :)
Love the pictures of Thatcher at Mardi Gras! We missed it this year, but with the weather, I wasn't too upset. Looks like he had a great time- good luck with the unpacking!
Never been to Mardi Gras but it looks like a great time. I'm sure my son would enjoy it too: beads, people, and music! So fun!
Looks like he had a good time regardless! I'm hoping we get a chance to head back next year as well. It's so much fun for the kiddos!
This looks like so much fun! We skipped the parade here this year since we just weren't feeling up to it, but I love Mardi Gras. Love it.
Good luck with all the moving stuff! And Mardi gras with a baby...who would have thought?! lol I guess I have a different idea of what Mardi Gras is all about :) The parade looks like SO MUCH FUN!
Oh so fun! He looks so sweet in those mardi gra beads!
He looks like he had a great time (and like such a big boy I must add!). I am missing LA at this point, but we'll be back next year I hope! Have a great day tomorrow!
How cute!!! Looks like y'all had fun!!! Can't wait to take Addison in a couple of years...
These picture are all so cute--Thatcher pulls off the beads well!
Oh my gosh, that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!
I love all things New Orleans - we just had a King cake at work today (my coworker ordered one for us, came late, but still worth it!)
Love Thatcher's Mardi Gras shirt! Looks like y'all had fun!
Post a Comment