On Friday night, Thatcher woke up at 1:30am with 103.5 fever. We called the pediatrician, and she advised us to give him infant Advil and come in the next morning. As in the day of his birthday party. We brought Thatcher to bed with us because I knew I'd barely sleep anyway. That was actually the first time we had ever done that, and I don't think anyone slept very well! Thatcher got up pretty early, so we all got ready and the husband headed to pick up the food for the party while Thatcher and I headed to the pediatrician. Oh, I should also add that we had decided to move the party from the playground to my parents' house because the weather was supposed to be extremely chilly and windy. In hindsight that was a total blessing because there is no way the playground party would have been pulled off with me at the pediatrician. Thatcher was tested for strep (negative), his ears looked clear and the pediatrician thought that the fever was most likely related to his surgeries. Thatcher ended up napping for the first half of his party and was pretty much a clingy little boy for the rest. He wouldn't let me put him down, and he really just did not feel well. The party was still wonderful, but it was sad that he didn't enjoy it more!
And then this morning we ended up at Children's Hospital because he still had fever and I was just too worried. Turns out he has an ear infection. Yes, 5 days after receiving tubes. This week has probably been one of the longest weeks in my life, but I am really hoping and praying that this antibiotic will do the trick once and for all. He has been so fussy and upset all weekend, and it just breaks my heart.
I am hoping to do a birthday party recap tomorrow but just do not have that in me tonight! Needless to say, the visit to the ER this morning totally threw off our plans to relax and do nothing today.
12 comments:
Oh no! Poor Thatcher! :( That just breaks my heart. But those cupcake pictures are TOO cute. Praying he feels better soon!
Oh my word! Another ear infection after surgery? That poor baby :( Goodness gracious, you all must be exhausted & at your wits end with this. I'm so very sorry. Joining you in praying for Thatcher. But I'm so happy he got to have his birthday cupcake. What a cutie pie! Hang in there sweet friend.
Oh I am so sorry! Poor little guy and poor mama! He is one cute little boy fever or not.
Poor guy! I hope everyone can get some rest today. It looks like he enjoyed his cupcake though!
Awww I hate to hear that! It should not be possible that little ones get sick...totally not fair! I am glad he enjoyed his cupcake though!
Aww I am so sorry that he (you) didn't get to enjoy his party more :( Hope he is feeling better today!
Oh no! I can't believe he was so sick....and an ear infection after tubes! Geeze! What the heck!? So not fair to that sweet boy, especially on his birthday! Hope he is (and you all are) feeling better!
I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor little guy. I hope he's starting to feel better.
I cannot believe that he has an ear infection! O M G is that even possible???? Happy bday little guy!!!!!!! The cupcake photos are AMAZING!
Aww!!! Hope the little guy is feeling better!!! And that does sound crazy! An ear infection after getting tubes??? What did the doctor say about that??? Hope you guys get some rest! Happy belated birthday to your little man!
love him & the cupcake!
Awww, what a poor little guy! Despite being sick he still managed to look cute--I love the last cupcake picture and the family pic!
Post a Comment