It's no secret that we have more than a lot going on right now. As much as I would have loved to have made some Pinterest-worthy baked goods with a cute label, it just wasn't going to happen. I thought
seriously about making these cookies but our Sunday got derailed by a visit to the ER. Out the window went my vision of adorable cookies with printed tags. It's the intention that counts, right?
Instead I bought 2 bags of Hershey's kisses and used cellophane bags and ribbon that I had easily accessible in my wrapping paper room
had to dig out of the fourth cardboard box I checked (dare to dream, right?) and called it a day. I think they came out pretty cute!
That's my version of crafting - what you can make in 10 minutes for under $10! In the end it doesn't really matter because Thatcher's teachers will just be happy that we thought of them. But man does Pinterest add a whole new layer of pressure to this mom gig!
7 comments:
Mine were handwritten so bonus points to you for printing something out. And I must confess that regular Hershey's kisses are my favorite so I would love that Valentine!!!
So impressed you made these in such a short time and they look great. At least you made Valentines. I was terrible and didn't. So cute!
These look great! Very cute!
Some friends and I were talking about the whole deal with valentines for kids at school, etc.
I had a conversation about kids' valentines with some friends the other day. Your idea came out really cute- and in no time and it was probably way cheaper than those boxed valentines and they definitely seem more personal.
I know what you mean about the pressure thing. It just seems like now, because of Pinterest and blogs and such, all of these craft ideas are way more accessible than they ever were when we were kids- but I remember my mom having me make homemade valentines when I was a kid because it was cheaper than buying the boxed ones- and I had fun doing it! I think it's awesome that you are starting this now! Next year, Thatcher can help you make valentines!
These came out really cute! And yes Pinterest does add a lot of pressure!
I'm giggling at the phrase "Thatcher's teachers." So cute & hilarious that a 1 year old has teachers, heehee! I'm sure they loved their valentines. You're totally right about Pinterest bringing with it so much pressure . . . I'm constantly thinking, "who comes up with this stuff?!?!"
WOW that is so sweet. and creative. We bought funny looking vday cards at CVS....woops
Post a Comment