April 2, 2012

Thatcher's first Easter egg hunt

We had a wonderful weekend relaxing and celebrating our anniversary. On Saturday morning, after a long walk in gorgeous weather, we took Thatcher to his first Easter egg hunt. He had such a blast! I didn't think he'd really "get it," so I was trying to be fiscally responsible and did not buy him a basket. Bad mom move. He spent the entire time ripping his "friend" Weeks' basket out of his hands. Lovely! Thankfully we are friends with Weeks' parents, and they totally understood.







After the Easter egg hunt, we had lunch at a really yummy place called Cowbell (if/when you visit NOLA, this is a must!) It was one of those lunches where the food was delicious, the service was good, the weather cooperated for one last outdoor meal and Thatcher behaved. Usually we are rushed and stuffing our faces while trying to entertain a Crazy Toddler, so it was wonderful to have a calm lunch together.

That evening we went to our good friend's wedding. She was drop dead gorgeous. I mean, stunning. It was so fun to celebrate our anniversary at the same place we celebrated our marriage 5 years ago. We left a little early to enjoy dinner together as well.



Then on Sunday we went to Church and lunch. One of the couples in our Sunday school class had everyone over for a barbecue last night, and it was such a blast. There were 8 kids under 3 there, as well as 4 more on the way! Seriously - the joke is that if you want to expand your family, you join this class. Thatcher had so much fun playing with all of Jack's toys.


Now we just have to get through the work week before it is off to Florida for 10 glorious days at the beach! I c.a.n.n.o.t. wait! Speaking of, I am looking for some guest bloggers for next week as I don't intend to spend much time on the internet. If anyone wants to grace my blog with their presence next week, let me know via a comment or email - I thought it'd be a fun way for some readers to get to know some other bloggers!

13 comments:

Natalie said...

I will definitely help you out and guest post...just let me know what day and a topic :) I'm so glad you had a great weekend! We didn't go to an Easter Egg Hunt last year...so this will be his first one too! We'll see how it goes :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

He looks so adorable in that outfit! But beyond that, you can tell he was having a ball! I love the picture of him holding the basket out like he owns the place. Such a big boy!

Unknown said...

Wow, their entrance down the staircase is stunning.

I'll guest post if you need someone! Have a wonderful vacation!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I would be up for guest posting too. Just let me know :)

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

He is such a doll! I love the shortall you have on him! So good to hear you had a wonderful weekend and I hope you guys truly enjoy your vaycay!

Holly said...

Love those Easter photos! And that dress on your friend does look stunning!!!

Also, I would love to do a guest post on whatever you'd like! Just let me know! :) I am SO jealous of your beach vacation!!!!!

Andie said...

I totally missed the grand entrance. I knew they were only going to dance one dance and that was it and I was so bummed I missed it!

I am looking forward to next year when Andrew can enjoy his first Easter Egg Hunt- this year, he'll be doing the "Easter Bonnet Stroll" with his Aunt and I since he can't walk or do the Easter Egg Hunt thing.

It was so good to meet you in person on Saturday night. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat more! It was like once we all got inside of the museum, everyone dispersed!

Annie said...

adorable!! darling pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but giggle at Thatcher taking Weeks' basket. The look on his face is so sweet - he was having a ball! Y'all should get him a pail & some plastic eggs to hide on the beach next week.

Megan said...

Ahhh, he is seriously precious. I hope my (one day) little boys are as cute as he is!

Kat said...

Next time can you plan your FL trip around ours? Thanks.....

Lindsay said...

I'll guest blog about why it's amazing to raise kids in NOLA and why I want to move home- email me if you are interested!

Amber said...

such sweet Easter photos! Just found your blog and love visiting NOLA.