July 9, 2012

Vacation recap in pictures

As always, we had an absolutely wonderful time at the beach with my family. We never want to leave, and a week is never enough time.

Thatcher had a blast filling up his new pool from Nancy (aka my mom or "Na-na," his attempt at Nancy)...



We enjoyed early morning donuts from the donut truck...



We pushed dump trucks in the baby pool for hours on end...


We ran around in our diaper...


We swam in the big pool...



 We played on the beach...




We got brave and jumped off the step in the deep end at home lots and lots of times...



 We threw sand on the beach...


We went to a 4th of July concert and watched our first fireworks (and maybe ate a snowball well past our bedtime)...



We spent mom's birthday at the beach...



We played with our uncle Cory...


We sang happy birthday...



And then we destroyed a cookie cake...





Overall, it was a fabulous and fun-filled week. Hate to go back to reality!

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad y'all had a great vacation & birthday! I love how expressive Thatcher is in all of the pictures! Cute outfits too!

Anonymous said...

what a fun week! belated happy birthday ashley!! thatcher is adorable, love his big ole happy grin!!!! good to have you guys home safely. :)

melissa said...

What a fun vacation! I love the picture of his swim trunks and little toes peeking out between your husband's feet in the water. What a great shot!

Did you like where you vacationed? I'm looking for a family-friendly beach vacation destination. We love Rosemary Beach but I'm always looking for other ideas. If you like where you stayed, would you let me know where ya'll went? Thanks!

Natalie said...

Aww Thatcher looks like he really had an awesome time! I'm so glad you got to go as a family of three before baby girl arrives!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Such a blessing to have the opportunity to spend that time with thatcher and your family! Next year there will be new adventures and new babies!

Andie said...

awwww so cute! It looks like y'all had a blast and I'm glad you finally got your cookie cake! :)

What a beautiful family! :)

and once again, Happiest of Birthdays! :)

Joeylee said...

glad to hear you had such a great trip. Cute pictures. Happy belated Birthday!

the workaholic momma said...

Cookie cake and beach...sounds like my kind of vacation:) Looks like you guys had a blast and that pic of Thatcher's sandy toes made my heart smile:)

Hope you guys have a great week and that you had a wonderful birthday:)

Claire Kiefer said...

So glad you had such a good time. I'm terribly jealous of your week at the beach AND the cookie cake. I could not be trusted around that thing--I'd go back and sneak more and more pieces till it was gone. Happy belated birthday again!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Looks like a blast! I can't wait to go! How old is Thatcher? He's so brave jumping off the steps into his Daddy's arms. I think Evie would freak out! She's so overly cautious!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

PS Also, happy belated birthday!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Great pics! Which day was your bday? I think we've discussed this before because mine was the 3rd. :)

Danielle said...

Looks like such a great vacation!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Where are the pictures with cookie cake icing all over your face? :) Looks a great vacation with lots of memories. So nice to have this traditional trip each year and next year---FOUR Of you!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

It sounded and looked like such a great vacation! Happy belated birthday! Such fun pics! And that little sandy feet pic is so sweet!

Erin said...

Cuteness overload! I've got to know where you got his big brother shirt!