July 23, 2012

baby girl's name

After MUCH deliberation and debate, I am thrilled to finally share baby girl's name with you. For some reason, girls' names are SO much harder for us. We could have a gaggle of boys and never run out of names, yet one girl had us totally stumped. The one thing we agreed on from the beginning was that we'd either use my given middle name or my mom's given middle name, as both are classic and traditional names, much like Thatcher's middle name, William. But the first name? We went around in around in circles.

Some of the names on the list were Carter, Peyton, Arden, Alden, Whitney (well, this was never on my list, but the husband loves it), Hollis, Reagan and Chandler. I am sure there were others, but these were on and off the list for months. But we kept coming back to the same name again and again, and even though it's a tad more popular than I would have liked (i.e. it doesn't meet my preference of not appearing in the top 1,000 baby names), I still love it and feel that it suits her.


We can't wait to meet you, Hadley Jayne! What gives her name meaning for me is that Jayne was my given middle name, and my dad actually picked it. While I completely love the name Hadley, the husband has been totally on board with Hadley for weeks and even called her that a time or two (and it's the only name we ever really called her by in that context). So I like that I feel like he named her in many ways, much like my dad gave me the name Jayne. I also think it goes well with Thatcher, which was definitely a consideration.

Let the monogramming begin!

37 comments:

DrayaAnn said...

Oh it's so perfect!!

Laura said...

I love, love, love that!!! Hadley is one of my favorite girl names! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Love love love!! Yay!! Baby Hadley!!

Joeylee said...

Love it, so adorable. I am super jealous that you have a name picked out already. I'm hoping by the end of this weekend our baby girl will have a name too

[dianegatorfan] said...

I love the name! And it may be in the top 1,000 popular names, but I've never met a Hadley as a child or adult. Unique enough without being weird! Congrats on the baby girl and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I love it! so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Jane is in high consideration for our daughters middle name because it's my moms first name.

Elizabeth said...

Such a pretty name!!!

Elizabeth said...

Such a pretty name!!!!

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE it...so pretty!!!!

Natalie said...

Such a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl---coming later this year!

Shannon Dew said...

Love it! Love the spelling of Jayne!

Lynsey said...

Beautiful name!!!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

great name!! as a fellow H-named lady, she'll be fully welcomed into our club =)

Shannon said...

Love it! :)

Tiffany Norris said...

Very pretty! We are the opposite--so many girls' names we like, but only one or two for a boy.

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

I love the name Hadley. So beautiful!

Holly said...

What beautiful name! I love it! I cannot wait to meet Hadley Jayne!

Katie said...

I love it, and Thatcher and Hadley are wonderful sibling names! Congrats again :)

melissa said...

Beautiful! And I agree - it pairs well with Thatcher.

Kelly said...

Aww... its precious! I love that name! and I love it even more with Jayne as the middle name!
side note: I giggled a little at the name Chandler (though I loooove it), because it makes me think of the friends episode where Phoebe has the triplets and they name the girl Chandler!

Lindsay said...

Love love love her name! That is actually in my top five favorite girl names. Cheers to monograms!

Lindsay said...

Love love love her name! Cheers to monograms!

Katie & Ryan said...

Adorable! Love the way it goes with Thatcher too!

Callie said...

I love the name! And it does go great with Thatcher!

Darci White said...

Perfect name!!! Thatcher and Hadley are such cute names together....and unique, but not oddly unique, ya know!

So excited for you! :)

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I checked this last night when I saw it on Instagram, but had to come back today to comment :) Love her name! So beautiful. I have only heard of one other Hadley. I bet it's a relief to have this all figured out!

Julie Rogers said...

LOVE the name!! It's just perfect---thanks for sharing:)

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

Lindsey said...

love love love this name mama!! So excited for you!! Beautiful name for what is bound to be a beautiful little girl! xo

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I know I commented on IG, but wanted to say here too! So classic and pretty, without being boring!

Kris said...

Yeah, I love It!! I've never met a Hadley but at the same time it's classic and seems familiar.

Kris said...

Love it!!

The Unlikely Runner said...

I love the name, it's beautiful!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

THis makes me happy! It's such a beautiful, Southern, strong girl name. Honestly I haven't heard it much lately so it's not too on the radar either!

Erin said...

Oh, it's perfect! And you're right it does sound nice with Thatcher!

Kat said...

It's so beautiful!!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

What a beautiful name!! Way to go mama :)