December 28, 2011

Thatcher's 1st Christmas

Thatcher had a wonderful first Christmas, and we have the pictures to prove it. At one point on Christmas Day my dad asked "how many pictures have you taken today?" Honestly, I take so many pictures since I am still learning to shoot in manual and want to make sure I end up with a few good ones!

On Christmas Eve, we made cookies for Santa and lounged around the house. And yes, I am absolutely aware of the fact that Thatcher has no idea what cookies or Santa are, but it was fun! A friend brought the cutest cookies for Santa party favor to our Christmas baby playdate, and I would totally make these again or give them as gifts. The recipe was easy, and the cookies were delish.


Later that day we headed to Church as a family of three. Our Church has the most beautiful Christmas Eve service, and Thatcher was delightful until about 15-20 minutes before the end. Seeing as how we had to get there 30 minutes early to secure aisle seats at the back (aka the crying baby escape route), we were proud of him! And it was so fun to share the back pews with other families in the same boat.






After Church we continued our tradition of dinner at my parents' house. Thatcher was wired and somehow stayed up for the entire meal! The adults enjoyed a delicious meal of butternut squash soup, lamb, spinach stuffed tomatoes and mashed potatoes and copious wine and Thatcher dined on puffs. He's fancy! My dad also made bread pudding from scratch, which was to die for. After dinner we put Thatcher to bed and headed over to the husband's aunt and uncle's annual Christmas Eve party, which is always really fun. The highlight is his aunt's gumbo and pepper jelly, both of which I could devour year round.



On Christmas morning, we got up and opened presents at our house before heading to Church. The Christmas Day service was really fun, and Thatcher again behaved himself! 







After Church we headed to my parents' house for breakfast and more present opening.



My mom is known for finding the most ridiculous stocking stuffers. This year we all got tattoo arm sleeves that look scary real. I told the husband he should casually wear it to work one day and see if anyone notices.






In case that wasn't enough activity for one day, we then had the husband's parents over to our house in the afternoon. I made clam dip, ham biscuits, prosciutto pinwheels and baked brie and we watched Thatcher play with all of his new toys!







It was such a wonderful Christmas, and we feel so lucky for all of the food, family, friends and festivities. Here's to many more Christmases together!

13 comments:

Megan said...

Y'all are SO SO cute! He looks so genuinely happy in all these pictures!!

Laura Darling said...

These pictures are priceless. He is so adorable!

Erin said...

Such sweet pictures!!! Looks like y'all had a wonderful holiday!

Your Southern Peach said...

Looks like such a wonderful Christmas and l love all your son's outfits. He really was enjoying the day and your tree is beautiful too. Hope you have a happy new year and enjoy wearing your new dress :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Love, love, love all of his Christmas outfits. It looks like he racked up and I definitely recognize a few of those toys from around here! :)

Hope you guys have a happy new year!

Kat said...

Happy 1st xmas! We got P a chair too! It's amazing - she's OBSESSED. Did I ever mention how GORGEOUS your little family is?

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Love the tattoo sleeves! Too funny. T is adorable, and, as always, the best dressed :)

Paige said...

What a lovely little family! Merry first Christmas to Thatcher. Cute name for a cute kid!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I think you are mastering manual mode. Those pics were beautiful. Glad you all had a good Christmas. That little guy is going to be 1 so soon!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love Thatcher's Christmas wardrobe--so many cute outfits! It sounds like y'all had a very special Christmas with LOTS of good food and family time!

Lorri said...

What a perfect Christmas! I could squeeze Thatcher's cheeks right off! Enjoy your guests! Happy New Year!

West Family said...

what a sweet time! There is nothing like that first Christmas but I think everyone is special in its own way! Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

Thatcher looks like he had an amazing Christmas! We have that same drum set...and Nolan loves it. Thatcher always has the cutest outfits!