December 7, 2011

A vision becomes reality

December 3 is a special day around here. Why? Well, on December 3, 2005, the husband FINALLY popped the question. I was pretty much sick and tired of the diamond commercials on TV and ready for him to ask already! Without recounting all of the details (most are in the linked post), he brought me to a Christmas tree farm (I was so sure it was THE DAY and got decked out in preparation), humored me by stopping by Pier One and then helped decorate the tree. And nada. So Pouty McPouterson changed into pajamas and started Christmas shopping online, at which point he invited me to the porch and asked THE QUESTION. Although he never really asked, which is a story for another day.

Celebrating at dinner: December 3, 2005
In front of the tree that started it all on December 4, 2005
Part of the reason he chose that day and centered it around buying a Christmas tree is because he knows my absolute love of Christmas AND he thought it'd be fun to one day be able to share the tradition with children. It absolutely blows my mind that 6 wonderful years later (to the exact day), we were decorating a tree with the help of a precious 10 month old. It was totally awe inspiring to actually see the husband's vision become a reality.












So thankful to have our little man here with us! Here's to celebrating another 50 December 3rds!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Love the pictures.

Kat said...

What a cute story! Happy "he popped the question" anniversary. LOVE IT! And omg those pictures are beyond adorable.

I'm so amazed that you guys really decorated the tree. I absolutely LOVE christmas but this year we only put up a couple of the ornaments and no glass ones because I know my P loves to pull things and I can just see them smashed up :(

Savannah said...

I just LOVE y'all's story - and the full circle!

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE your story...how fun!!! I adore all of the pics of Thatcher and the Christmas tree....they turned out amazing:)

Hope you guys are having a wonderful week!!!

Lorri said...

This made me SMILE!!!

Amanda T said...

Awe! Love this story, so sweet! :)

Natalie said...

I love love stories...and Thatcher looks like he really got into the decorating action!

Laura said...

How sweet! My husband never really asked either... what is it with these guys?!?

Your son is ADORABLE!

~Laura

ps. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a special post and day to remember! I LOVE the pictures you snapped of Thatcher decorating--you really have gotten good at your new photography venture!

Kristen said...

such a cute story, and little boy! it must be so fun to see christmas through his eyes :)

Megan said...

Such a precious story!!! And that picture of him smiling for the camera is SO perfect!!!!