Remember the precious outfit Thatcher was wearing yesterday?
The tag does NOT say "dry clean only." So like a good mother, I washed it. And in the process, ruined everything in the wash AND his darling Christmas outfit.
Anyone have a good solution to pink smocking? Anyone? So sad about this.


10 comments:
I did the SAME Thing on one of my daughter's smocked dresses that was red cord and had the white smocking across the chest. It also ruined several of her shirts. I was so sad!
Oh no!! I am SO sorry! I would do the same thing, I'm awful with laundry...hope you can figure out how to fix it!
That outfit is too cute! I'm sorry I have no advice for you though. :(
oohh no:( I have no idea how to fix those kind of things...maybe see if Google has a solution or I've seen advertisements for those "color catcher" things that are supposed to help colors stay put. I'm so sad for you...I hope you can find a solution!
I'm guessing whoever made it did not wash the red fabric before they started sewing. Epic fail to them not you...well as long as you washed it on cold...you did wash it on cold right? Maybe google has some answers I'm definitely not good with these things either. If all else fails call the company you bought it from if possible. Hope you get something figured out!
Sorry, don't know about fixing it now... but for the future those color catcher sheets that you put into the washer really do work.
Oh I am no help now...that really stinks! Like Laura said they did not wash that red fabric for you...so sad!
awe! bummer!! :( that stinks. sorry, i have no advice.
I'm like you - I can put together project lists and plans for a full year for our entire company, but keeping up with the every day chores....or at this point, Christmas shopping....ughhhhh le sigh. Did you try a stain remover like Tide stain removers? Sometimes they help
I did that with a white shirt that had a red snowflake and I put it in the dryer:( I had just bought it and wanted to wash before she wore it! I was so mad and!!! Someone told me to soak in oxy clean for a LONG time... a few days and stir it around. I am not sure if it worked because it was mostly white or if that would cause the red to run more??? It did not make it white again but it took out most of the red and it had a VERY light pink tint in some light.... your cute little guy could pull it off!!
We use it all the time for stains. I hate to say it but it won't be the last thing ruined. I have done it multiple times with my daughter!
Post a Comment