On some days I feel like I may as well be laying in the sand with the ocean pounding me in the face. Though again, all they are doing is laying there. Close your eyes, hold your breath and daydream. What exactly is the big deal here? They're even snuggled with each other in a loving arm lock.
Though I do understand why sleep deprivation is part of Navy Seals training. If you can operate after not sleeping for a week after dealing with a 3 month old's erratic sleep patterns for weeks on end, you can do anything. Pretty sure I'd pass the sleep part of training with flying colors. I have operated heavy machinery 10 days in a row now on virtually no sleep. Take that, you whimps!
And can someone tell me what's impressive about jumping in a pool with your ankles handcuffed (or would that be ankle-cuffed)? Have these guys tried pumping between meetings and emails after getting out of the house in one piece with a 3 month old, all of his "accessories" and an attention-starved dog nipping at their legs while remembering to pay the bills, drop off the dry cleaning and figure something out for dinner? Actually, they should try to get the Navy Seals to operate a breastpump. Pretty sure they'd fail.
On top of it all, they get to hang out with our national defense team glorious eye candy all day. I mean, I feel like if you're going to be this worn down, tired, exhausted and delirious that the least they could do is figure out how to make this whole mom thing a little easier on the eyes. Wouldn't it be awesome if the clerks at the grocery store and dry cleaners all made you swoon? Bonus points if they could figure out a way to make daycare safe, educational and run by male models.

In all seriousness, I am one tired mama. Thatcher has been getting up a bajillion times a night lately and the husband has been out of town for a business trip. I can no longer form coherent sentences and am so tired I could cry. But at the end of the day, it's all worth it because I have this cutie who needs me!
I am so tired I can't even motivate myself to watermark the picture. I guess I'd make a horrible Navy Seal since I am pretty sure I just left my family's proverbial national border open. That's not even a funny joke. You see? I am EXHAUSTED people!




9 comments:
Hang in there, Momma! My mommy friends tell me that in a few months those sleepless nights will just be distant memories!
Hi just laughed so hard at your blog title! I know its all worth it when you see your too cute little man - he is soooo precious!
You just reminded me to pay my bills. For that I thank you ;-)
I was LITERALLY in the middle of a killer contraction {natural labor} when my husband said, "Honey, you are so much more badass than a Navy SEAL!" We had just watched this documentary!
This post cracks me up! I love it! Keep you chin up-- you can do it!
Too funny and so true! Sorry about lack of sleep, but at least you get getting terrible blog material right? :)
Kidding. Take care, and T is getting so big!
HAHA!! This is such a great post - I LOVE it...and its so true. Motherhood is no joke!
Hang in there, Momma! It will get better (I'm told). We are right there with you exhausted. But I give you so much props with working and taking care of Thatcher! You are a great Mom!
I know how you feel...I promise you will sleep more in the future...not as much as you used to...but more than you are getting now!
Post a Comment