Thatcher had his first day of "school" today! I dropped him off at daycare at 8:30am and he stayed until 1:00pm. I return to work on Monday, so I wanted to get a few half days in this week to make sure that he's as adjusted as he can be. Here he is all ready for school! Isn't it appropriate that the first outfit I put on him was too small? Way to break a mom's heart twice in one morning!
In the car on the way to school!
He did pretty well! He didn't sleep at all, and he ate all 8 ounces that I sent him with, but he was peaceful and being rocked when I arrived to pick him up. I was thrilled to see how calm it was at nap time. It was serene, the lights were off, and gentle music was playing. I had only been to his classroom in the morning and late afternoon when things are a bit more hectic with drop off and pick up, so I have been worried about him feeling overwhelmed/overstimulated, but it was nice and quiet when I arrived. Apparently he spit all of his food up, but given that he was still in his original outfit and his bib was fairly dry, I find that hard to believe! It may have looked like all of his food to the teachers, but I am pretty confident that he would have looked like he had jumped in a pool if that had been the case.
And before I forgot altogether since he's almost 3 months, I wanted to do Thatcher's two month post (more for my own sake than anyone else's - I know these updates are boring!)
Size: 22 1/4 inches (25%) and 10 pounds, 5 ounces (25%)
Doctor says: You are doing well! You gained almost 2 pounds in the last month and are a happy, healthy boy! You had your first shot, but you took it like a champ.
Favorite activities (Thatcher): You still love bath time and love to stare at our faces. You like to eat and are taking the bottle pretty easily now. You are able to hang out on your playmat for longer periods of time and have discovered the tv when we happen to have it on. You are still a fan of being swaddled.
Favorite activities (mom and dad): We love taking you on walks and trying to get you to smile!
Nicknames: T Dubs, Dubs-y, Thatch-y, buddy, friend, sweet boy, dude and doodie pie.
Milestones: You are smiling regularly in response to voices and faces.
What we're looking forward to: At 2 months we were just getting ready to go on your first trip to the beach!
Random nonsense no one probably cares about: You are wearing size 1 diapers and your eyes are still blue. You are starting to favor your dad more and more in the looks department.





7 comments:
So glad it went well!! Love that last pic of him!
Glad to hear how well his first day of school was! That jumper he wore is too cute!
I totally understand how hard it is to leave them at 'school'....but it does get easier!! good luck mama! he is SOO cute!
Aw! He is seriously the cutest baby ever.
such a cutie...glad it he a great first day :-)
Glad he did well on his first day of school. Such cute pictures of your little guy!
I'm so glad to hear he did so well on his first day of school - he is just the most precious little boy:) Hope you're doing ok too, momma!!
Post a Comment