May 10, 2011

Music to my ears

One of the things that has been weird about driving around with a baby in the car is choosing what to listen to on the radio. I generally find most radio stations here in New Orleans inappropriate for babies. The country stations are fine but also incredibly depressing unless you want to hear about your best friend's alcoholic father and impending divorce after just being laid off from her job. Since I don't drive well while crying, I started asking friends about adult-friendly kid music. You know, music that won't make you want to pull your hair out swerve off the road while running errands.

I may be the last person on the planet to hear of these guys, but we are loving jamming out to Imagination Movers around here. For real. Like I actually really like their music despite the silly lyrics. I may or may not leave it on when Thatcher's not in the car, too. The songs that I can live with already know all the words to are Paint the Day Away, Mother In You and Sunblock.


As an added bonus, they are from New Orleans which makes them rank right up there with Better Than Ezra and Aaron Neville as far as I'm concerned.

So if you're in the market for kid music that you won't mind getting stuck in your head will proactively seek out the concert schedule for, I highly recommend them. It's upbeat, fun and catchy. And will probably make you laugh at your spouse when he goes back to listen to a song again. Don't tell him I told you.

You can buy For Those About to Hop here and Juice Box Heros here.

1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Too funny! I've seen them on TV before!