Last fall I picked up the cutest little frames at Michael's - I had no idea what I'd do with them (I was thinking that they might be perfect for ultrasound photos but the size was wrong), but I thought they'd look cute somewhere in Thatcher's nursery.
I decided to hang them below the bookshelves that I insisted the husband install even though we rent our house. The frames hung empty for quite some time...

And then, as we were packing for the hospital, the perfect idea hit me: we should get the nurses to do extra copies of his hand and footprints for the frames.
You can imagine the look on my husband's face as I stood 9 months pregnant in our kitchen and carefully traced around the glass to measure several pieces of textured card stock. I wanted to have enough pieces in case they messed up, you know? It's not like L&D nurses take hand and footprints very often. For extra measure, I even labeled one side of each piece "back." Martha would be proud.
Insurance cards? Check.
Nursing bras? Check.
Boppy? Check.
Toilitries? Check.
Measured cardstock sealed in zip loc bags for protection? Check.
But during the excitement/mayhem of it all, we totally forgot to ask the nurses to assist me in this DIY project!
Not to worry - Amazon sells everything, so I quickly ordered baby safe ink to complete the project at home. Considering how sleep deprived we were, I thought the whole ordeal was pretty easy.
Here's the finished project hanging in his nursery where he has yet to sleep because it's not convenient to walk to the back of the house every time I hear him stir he's sleeping in our room until he gets married.
I absolutely adore tiny newborn hands and feet and am so happy to have this treasure!

12 comments:
So precious and a great idea. I love it!
What a great idea! Those are precious!
P.S. I love the name Thatcher!
What a fabulous idea! Love it.
Where did you find your shelves? I want some white ones for our nursery and those look like they could be perfect.
SO cute! they came out perfect!! love love love! Ps.. where did you get those shelves? I've been on the Great Shelf Hunt for MONTHS... and nothing!
Such a cute idea! Love how they turned out.
So cute! I might have to do the same with my girlie's hands and feet!
What a great idea and something you will have forever! So sweet.
Aw, great idea! I might have to copy you ;)
Those are precious!
I so wanted to do this. As we were leaving the hospital I remembered and asked them for extra ink. The ink is still in my car.....6 months later.
This is such a great idea. I'll have to do it when baby #2 comes along - thanks for sharing!
I love this idea. Perfect for those frames. I'm stealin' this!
Post a Comment