March 5, 2011

A love letter to Cloud B!

Dear Cloud B,

Oh, how I love you for inventing the Sleep Sheep! When we first received one as a gift, I was skeptical. Why does a baby need a sound machine, and would we really use it? When we received a second "on the go" version, I almost returned it. Due to exhaustion in the very early days I didn't have the energy to mess with it, which has turned out to be a huge blessing.

We have been following the advice in Happiest Baby (which has worked wonders in our house - I am a total believer), and your amazing Sleep Sheep ocean setting is way better than any "shhhhhhhhh" sound we can make. Plus, we get sick of saying "shhhhhhh" after a while anyway. The ocean setting has helped two very tired parents maintain their sanity and get ready for bed, eat dinner and shower in semi-peace. I was worried about getting Thatcher "addicted" to certain routines/devices, but thankfully that fear was 100% alleviated by Happiest Baby.



But you know what made me really fall head over heels in love with you? The fact that the Sleep Sheep's sound level is loud enough to drown out incredibly drunk neighbors at 4:00am during Mardi Gras who find it hilarious to scream, yell and host a dance party in the street outside our window.

So what if Thatcher was sound asleep when we turned it on?

Sincerely,

Two exhausted parents who are sad enough to be missing Mardi Gras and do not need reminders from their obnoxious neighbors

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oops, I'm not sure if my comment went through. We've never used the Sleep Sheep but I have heard good things about it. Jackson was a big fan of the Fisher Price glowing Seahorse that played soothing music and made water noises. We're also big fans of The Happiest Baby on the Block!

Newlywed Hostess said...

I have never heard of this. I will have to pass this on to my friends having babies. I am sorry that you do not get to enjoy mardi gras except for in the form of being disturbed by neighbors.

melissa said...

Thanks for this review. Our neighbors tend to get VERY loud on their front porch which is unfortunately right outside the window of the future nursery. I think a Sleep Sheep would be helpful in drowning out thier obnoxious late-night noise. I was worried that a sound machine would be a bad plan b/c we'd have to drag it with us every where to get the baby to sleep but if they make an "on-the-go" model we're all set! Thanks again!

Lucky in Love said...

Oh we LOVE the Sleep Shep too!

Lucky in Love said...

*Sheep :)