One of the greatest blessings of my pregnancy is how perfectly it was timed with other girls I know - of course, we didn't plan it (nor could we have), but it has been wonderful nonetheless. I seriously do not know what I would do without having friends on a similar journey. Plus, it is so nice to have lunch dates and play dates even if most of the time is spent with at least one baby eating (which, by the way, is usually mine!), pooping, spitting up (also mine) or sleeping.
Today we headed over to Lindsay's house for lunch. I was able to get a cute picture on my phone of Thatcher smiling before we headed out - he was excited to see all of the girls!

I mean, how precious are these babies? They were all born within a month of each other! You just cannot plan that!
Left to right are Lillian (February 2), Thatcher (February 10), Louise (March 11) and Sofie (March 2). Thatcher has a lot of girls to choose from (and more on the way!)
I am so thankful to be surrounded by other moms at this stage of my life. That is NOT to say that I don't appreciate my friends who are not yet mothers (in fact, quite the opposite is true - I loooooove hearing about blind dates and wedding planning and work and non-baby stuff), and I need those friendships just as much. One of my favorite sayings and one that I hope I actually demonstrate is that one can never have too many friends.
However, I find that having other moms to connect with enables me to ask questions and bore them with the details of diaper changing so that other people don't have to listen. Let's be honest - before you're up to your neck in onesies and burp cloths, you just don't care! :)
8 comments:
Look at that smile! Too sweet...he's already quite the ladies man :-)
Great picture! How fun to have friends with babies so close- not gonna lie, I'm jealous!
Wow, those are some ADORABLE babies! I want to blow raspberries on all of their tummies!
I don't know what I would do without the mommies in my life (including you)! :)
That photo if all the babies is precious! I'm totally jealous of all the friends with babies! One of the reasons I started following your blog is because my daughter was born Feb. 2 & I was excited to see another baby so close in age.
OH my word!!! They are all going to be the closest of friends!!! SO FUN!
My girl would fit in perfect then...March 6th!
i am SWOONING right now...such a little cutie!!!
Post a Comment