This Week for Dinner - my fabulous sister in law, Anne, shared this suggestion - this one is all about meal planning and has a ton of easy and healthy recipes (thanks, Anne!)
Skinnytaste - apparently I've been living under a rock since I had never heard of this one! I pretty much want everything I see, but how darling are these 4th of July cookie sandwiches?!?
Iowa Girl Eats - Andie suggested this one and a few others that follow. This one is new to me but looks delicious!
Annie's Eats - I have heard several people talk about her pizza dough before but I have never followed through on making it ... maybe that will be a Friday project since I am taking the day off again!
Ezra Pound Cake - I love Better Than Ezra, and I love pound cake, so this one is sure to please! In all seriousness, I want one of her slacker sushi bowls NOW.
Picky Palate - I know it's summer, but I love a good soup and could totally devour this creamy chicken vegetable, orzo and potato soup
Duchess of Fork - Here's another one I've heard of and never tried. I love zucchini, though, and saw this recipe within 30 seconds of being on her site (granted, it is linked to another site, Recipe Girl, but still).
Healthified Kitchen - thanks to Erin for recommending this one! Another place we waste a lot of money is on take out and dining out. Chinese restaurants here are absurdly expensive for some reason. The husband loves General Tso's, so I am eager to try this recipe. We make a similar dish (Spicy Sweet and Sour Pork) a lot, and it is divine.
For the Love of Cooking - I have found a bunch of really great recipes on here, and I love how she has them formatted to print. So convenient! In fact, her lemony chicken saltimbocca is how I overcame my aversion to chicken after delivering Thatcher.
smitten kitchen - I have never used this one, but it's cool how her recipes are categorized by ingredient. I am also a sucker for good food photography.
bella eats - I was sold when I saw that she was based in Charlottesville. I wish this lasagna would show up on my desk for lunch. And that glass of wine.
How Sweet It Is - thanks to Kat for adding this one and the one that follows. One of her first recipes is Thai Crunch Chicken Salad. Yes, please!
Running to the Kitchen - this is one of Kat's real life friends, and after their girls' trip to wine country, I have been meaning to check her out. I believe most of her dishes are vegetarian.
Closet Cooking - this blog is based on cooking in a very small kitchen, but the list of recipes is so extensive that I was distracted from work for a solid 20 minutes just browsing. This one is a gold mine! I need a piece of this BBQ Chicken Pizza. Sooner rather than later, preferably.







9 comments:
Ohhhh, so nice to have so many food blogs together! I live off of Pinterest for menu planning!
Thanks for the shout out! I actually remembered another one for you- Closet Cooking!
that deconstructed sushi bowl is awesome. I've made that. In fact, I think I may make it tonight since I'm on my own for dinner since the hubster is out of town.
OH! and do you eat vietnamese food? In lieu of chinese, it is WAY cheaper to eat when going out for dinner if you are looking for an inexpensive option- there is a great place not far from you. :)
http://runningtothekitchen.com a must. and not just cuz we're friends either lol.
http://www.howsweeteats.com/ because i adore her too. and her recipes. Beer mac n cheese is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I also pin her left and right like nobody's business.
I follow an INSANE amount of food blogs - this actually reminds me to pin them on my pinterest so I can come back to them later.
Oh and (omg you opened up pandora's box....I should be working...)
http://www.healthyaperture.com/
http://foodgawker.com/
http://tasteologie.notcot.org/
http://www.tastespotting.com/
http://photograzing.seriouseats.com/
Ok, I'm stopping now. Seriously.
aannnddd I am totally bookmarking this post. Thanks!
yayyyy!! thank you for this post!!! i need all the help I can get!!!
Now I just need you to come to make all these for me! :)
Oh no you didn't---really, because I don't have enough food blogs to look through!! I'm kidding. I love EPC by the way and will be checking out some of these others. We've found some real gem on Smitten Kitchen too.
Now I'm hungry!
Cute blog. Just a heads up, Ezra Pound Cake's namesake is the American modernist poet, Ezra Pound.
Post a Comment