I took the day off on Friday and finally visited The Parenting Center. A lot of the moms in our Sunday school class meet up there every Wednesday morning, but we have never been able to make it due to work. It's basically a center for families to bring their young children and play, but they also have a lot of resources on things like discipline, expanding your family, nursing, etc. They always have various activities going on like music and crafts, depending on the day and time. On Fridays during the summer, they have water play from 10:00 - 3:00, and Thatcher had a total blast! He jumped right in and was running around like a wild man. After we played outside for about an hour, we headed inside where he also had a lot of fun. I can't wait to take him back!
On Saturday morning we met friends at the Cool Zoo, which is basically a miniature water park inside the Audubon Zoo.
![]() |
| photo courtesy here |





13 comments:
What a fun weekend! I can see how the water park might get a little overwhelming, but what a fun thing to have at your zoo!! I'm with you, if a sprinkler still works then why not do it for free haha
Glad y'all had a great weekend!
the parenting center looks like a really cool and resourceful place to go! and oh my the water park looks like tons of fun! my littlest didn't want to have anything to do with water parks at the age so thatcher is a brave little man! :) good luck on your sale!
Sounds like a great weekend! I am nervous about taking E to a splash pad for that reason, I think she won't get into it. Oh well ours is not that cool but free!!!
We have the splash pad at the lakefront over here & I can't wait until this cast is off & I can take Addison!
love love love T's madras swimsuit!
I have never heard of the parenting center, we will have to check that out! The cool zoo looks like a blast but we haven't taken Lexi yet because we figured she would be overhwelmed or hate it.
Both are those places sound so neat! That's the nice thing about living in a big city...so much to do!!
He looks like such a water boy! And Nolan was the same way at first when we went to the splash pad...but he got better around the third time and when daddy was there LOL!
I use to take my sister's kid to the parenting center when we all lived in NOLA. That place was so great. Her kids would have so much fun. I'm sad I dont live in NOLA anymore, cause I miss all the fun things to do, and all the festivals they have in the summer.
Love your bedding! I wish I needed some. :) That Parenting Center sounds so great! What a neat place to have in town. I took Westin to a splash park last year and he hated it. I bet he would love it this year though. But you are right, he is just as happy running in the sprinklers at home. Ha!
That water park looks like a freaking blast! We might have to make that a stop on a summer NOLA trip!
Such cute pictures- T looks like he had a great time! I love that bedding by the way...working on convincing the fiance that we need it for the king bed we don't have yet :)
That looks so amazing! I need to take a day off and just DO things with P....I love all the fun things that you guys have near you! I need to get otuta this boring state lol
Post a Comment