First, we bribed him with Fig Newtons. And the dog (whom he adores).
Then, in true mom fashion, I documented the perfect baby mullet with one or two
I reminded the husband how to use the camera and made my best pouty face. Among the things in this world I don't like are change and babies that grow up. Admittedly, though, I learned that my pouty face is ugly, so that's a good reason not to pout much.
And then we got to the fun part! At one point I was holding Thatcher's precious baby hair in my hand and asked the husband to get a zip loc bag. He asked why, and I explained that I wanted to save Thatcher's hair. He looked at my like I was insane, but thankfully the fact that I had scissors in my hand meant that he listened to me. I kid, I kid. He still doesn't know why I saved it, though.
Beyond one or two small mistakes, his hair came out well. I think he was much more cooperative in our backyard than he ever would have been at a strange salon.
We've had a fabulous weekend that included a date night to The Lion King on Friday, another birthday party and two trips to the playground. Thatcher absolutely loves the playground right now, and the husband finally got to see it in action!





14 comments:
His hair cut looks so good!! And you think that' a mullet? You should see what J is rocking right now haha. We'll be doing his first hair cut this weekend and I'll be saving some hair too :)
Great job on Thatcher's first haircut!!
I went to see The Lion King this afternoon. It was so good!!
Awww his haircut is so cute!
So sweet! And I don't blame you for wanting to save it! :)
What a big step! I have to say that I think mini-mullets are the cutest and funniest things. Jane is rocking a monk-like hairstyle at the moment!
You are quite the photographer. This pics from the playground are incredible. I guess having a happy and precious baby helps!
PS - I emailed you back from my work address last week. I wasn't sure if you recognized the "handle."
I've been dreading the first haircut. I'm hoping since Azalea is a girl that I can put it off for a while :) Too funny about your husband. My Thatcher would (and will) react the same way I'm sure!
Awwww, how precious! Love the baby mullet and that you cut his hair! That's so special for a first hair cut!!
You did great Momma! And you are so brave! He looks handsome as always and hope y'all enjoyed some great outside time this weekend!
His shoes are cute! Where did you find them?
You did such a good job! We were going to do Nolan's at home but with his being so long everywhere we got scared! They look like little boys now :(
aw man the first haircut?????? I know I have a girl so it's easier but i REFUSE! My mom keeps trying to convince me to cut bangs or whatever, but I just can't! He DOES look adorable though!!! And so much more...grown up! AHH!!!!!! (ps- I cannot believe that you did it yourself. GO YOU!)
I can't get over his excited face at the playground! Seriously, he is having a ball - love it. Great job on the haircut. I can't believe he sat still long enough for you to trim it.
Awww! He is too cute and I'm loving the playground pics! I am dreading the day we have to do Sydney's first hair cut! I may wait a few more YEARS lol.
He is so cute!! Love the outfit! I can't wait to have kids so I can dress them as cute as you dress him!
Andrew is in desperate need for a haircut because he has a little ducktail/mullet thing going on in the back... and I'm scared to cut it because I know he won't sit still for it! You did a great job! :)
Post a Comment