March 15, 2012

the best stage yet!

I can hardly believe that Thatcher is 13 months. I don't know what happens to time, but I really wish it didn't disappear so quickly. Every month I feel like I love the stage we're in more than the one before, but this one has truly been my favorite. While I totally miss the snuggly, cuddly newborn days, Thatcher's little personality more than makes up for it! If I had to pick one word to describe him it would be joyful. He is truly a joy to be around, and his little eyes light up more times in a day than I can count. He's lighthearted, funny and kind, and I hope he always smiles this often. His laughter is so intense that there is no way you can have a bad day after hearing it. It's truly the best!


Right now I am so grateful for the stage we're in. Thatcher is on a pretty great routine, he's a lot of fun to be around, and he rarely fusses. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he finally feels better after all of his ear trouble, but he's just an easygoing, happy baby. I can truly say that I look forward to picking him up every day because we're having such a blast in the afternoons walking to the park and playing with our friends. I really couldn't be more content than I am in this season of his life, so I am trying to savor every second with my little man!

12 comments:

Kat said...

Peanut LOVES wheels on the bus! Ok, I don't usually repoint but you HAVE to go watch the last video I just posted on the blog - it's Peanut dancing to the Wheels on the bus. SO FUNNY! I love the new posts btw!!!!! and 7- 7 is SOO GOOD!

Elizabeth said...

So glad that all of Thatcher's ear problems have improved!! Love a happy baby!!

Jennifer said...

BK loves Wheels on The Bus too! There's a fun ap for the ipad that keeps her entertained in the car ;)
I am loving the monthly update picture! So creative!

Lindsay said...

He is so precious! I thought that 13 months was perfect but now I think it's 17 months. I didn't believe my mom when she said I would think every stage is the best. She is so right! What is the site/app/thingy you use to make the picture you used? I love it! Have a great day!

Andie said...

I haven't sung that song to Andrew yet but now I think I will use that one to make him smile. :)

and I love Andrew at this stage (6 months) but I have a feeling now that he's more interactive and reacts to so many things, I'll just love the next stages just as much, if not more! :)

Kelly said...

One of my friends who has a toddler about a hear older than Xander told me that every new phase that her daughter goes through she things "I love this stage! This is the best! It cannot get better than this!" and then the next stage, she says the same thing. There are no truer words about motherhood for me! I LOVE this stage, but I know I have said that about every other stage (except maybe the teething stage).

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Love this. I'm looking forward to 13 months :) I may also have to steal your idea for post 12 month updates.

Claire Kiefer said...

What a happy time for you. :) I suspect that you'll continue to think that each new phase is your favorite. <3

Natalie said...

When did our babies grow up? Happy 13 months little cutie!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

What is the sign for "bird?" I don't know that one! Guess I should look it up.

He's so handsome and looks like you are in for so much fun as he grows!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

The stage where they can start to walk and really play/interact more is so fun! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Thatcher signs? This child is brilliant! ;) I'm so happy he's feeling better consistently - what a blessing! I love that you used the word content, btw. In my opinion, that's the very definition of happy - just being in love with your life & enjoying all that God's given you. I'm delighted for you all, sweet friend!