In advance of the husband's 30th birthday party on Wednesday I have been doing a few very small projects that involve pictures of him as a baby. He always jokes that no one took pictures of him when he was little because he has none, although I am sure that's not true. One of the things that drives me just a tad batty is when people tell us that Thatcher is "100% his father." The last I checked, genetics would dictate that he does indeed have genetic material from me, but because he is a dark complected boy, everyone says he looks like his dad even if they look at him for 10 seconds.
Now, don't get me wrong - they do have similarities. But they are by no means carbon copies, and Thatcher actually has a totally different personality/demeanor than the husband. His facial expressions are strikingly similar to my brother, and his hair is super fine like mine. I don't know why it drives me nuts, but it does. I tend to ask moms "so who do you all think New Baby resembles?" or "do people say New Baby looks more like you or New Dad?" I realize this is a completely ridiculous pet peeve and should likely earn me a spot in the loony bin -- if something else hasn't already.
I'll let you all be the judge...how much of a resemblance do you see?
I see some similarities for sure, but I don't think Thatcher is a carbon copy.


9 comments:
I certainly see the resemblance, but how great is it that he is NOT a carbon copy? He is his own little self....with pieces of all the things you love about others. That equals perfect to me!
hmmm, not a carbon copy for sure. both are certainly cute!
Every single person we meet tells me that my son is exactly like his dad. And I just say oh okay haha...but you know what!? NOPE if you look at my baby pictures and his dad's baby pictures he looks NOTHING like his dad. It's all me. And it makes me nuts that everyone says he looks just like his dad. Um I did some of the work there too. :)
I feel your pain. You're not alone in that one!
ps...Thatcher is just way cute!
Yeah they are similar but like you said not carbon copies. The same eyes maybe...but different mouth and ears for sure! I have no idea who my boy looks like anymore LOL!
I know how you feel, no one has ever said Hudson looks like me! We just found a picture of Mack at 6 months and I don't think Hudson looked like him at all.
SO CUTE! There is a little resemblance but you're right, not a carbon copy. I can't wait to get my hands on Jon's baby photos so I can compare addi pie
I see the resemblance, but I also see bits of you as well--especially in the bright eyes!
If you ask me, I think he looks a lot like you. The mouths/smiles are the same, for sure. I agree, he has your husband's coloring and people probably notice that right of the bat. But I think you two share a resemblance.
Post a Comment