October 14, 2012

"ba-dop-a-dop"

A few weeks ago when the husband was out of town for work, Thatcher referred to his shampoo bottle as "ba-dop-a-dop." I thought I mis-heard him, so I asked him a few times, "what is this?" And every time, clear as could be, he responded with "ba-dop-a-dop."

Now, we have funny sayings for things around our house, but that is not one of them! I have no idea where he got this from. When the husband returned home, I asked Thatcher again about his shampoo bottle and he responded right away with "ba-dop-a-dop." Then, a few days later, we were shopping and he saw hand soap in a gift store and pointed to it and said "ba-dop-a-dop." He even goes as far as to tell you which bottle is "mommy ba-dop-a-dop" and "Coco ba-dop-a-dop." Without a doubt, "ba-dop-a-dop" is his word for shampoo/soap.

Tonight, while we were cooking dinner, I heard the husband exclaim "oh my God!!!!" We literally just had a conversation at Sunday school this morning about kids repeating what we say, particularly when watching sports. I figured he was yelling about something on TV since his fantasy team wasn't doing well and was getting ready to give him a good old talking to about modeling behavior for our children. But I turned around to find this scene.


That would be yogurt in Thatcher's hair. Awesome. Just what we all wanted to clean up while trying to unwind on a Sunday and cook dinner, right? He just continued on as if nothing was wrong.


After documenting the scene, I walked up to Thatcher's high chair and looked him in the eye to calmly say, "it's not nice to play with your food. We eat food, but we don't play with it."

In response, Thatcher looked me dead in the face and said in his most serious voice while still smearing the yogurt in his hair with two hands, "ba-dop-a-dop." Mind you, he has zero interest in washing his hair when we're in the tub.


And then he took his hands and reached down in his high chair and with yogurt all over his hands proclaimed, "ba-dop-a-dop hiney" while pretending to wash his rear end. For real.

And I burst out laughing because really what else is there to do?!?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Funniest story I've heard in a long while. :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, this is hilarious! I wonder where he learned that from?? Yes, nothing to do but laugh at the situation. :)

Erin said...

So funny!!

Megan said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious!! Hey, at least he wanted to be clean?! ; )

Cajun Cowgirl said...

This is the best!!! The associations they make are too funny!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Sometimes no matter how ridiculous the offense you just gotta laugh.

Lindsay said...

Too cute!