September 22, 2012

30 weeks - eeeek! And toddler tantrums.

It's hard to believe that I am already 30 weeks! Thatcher was born a week early, and even though that doesn't necessarily mean anything, it's sort of a reality check that Hadley could be here in 9 weeks. I am in major nesting mode, and I think the husband wants to kill me. You know, I am discussing things like wrapping Christmas presents in September and asking him to go look in random bins in the attic for fabric I had saved to have a dress made for a daughter one day. Totally sane, right?

Anyway, last night we went out to dinner for my dad's birthday and since it was the first time I actually got dressed in a few weeks, it occurred to me that I should take a few pictures. No matter how hard I try, baby #2 seems to get the shaft already. I have great intentions of keeping up, but we are just insanely busy and between work, New Orleans Moms Blog, maintaining a social life and chasing Thatcher around, time is limited.


In the past two days, we have had not one but two major meltdowns in public. From Thatcher, that is. (I needed to clarify since pregnant women are not known for their rational thinking.) Yesterday we went to meet the husband for lunch because I am taking Fridays off to spend with Thatcher between now and maternity leave. He wanted nothing to do with the high chair and was a total wild man. We ended up boxing our food up and leaving. And this morning at Target, he was demanding "waaaaaalk" in the store because clearly sitting in a cart for 20 minutes is entirely too much downtime. I even tried to bribe him with a Halloween book but no such luck. His preference was terrorizing the produce department and other shoppers, and he even tried to take a bite out of an apple. So pretty much going out to eat is out of the question for the time being. Please tell me my child is not the only insane one!?!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Erin said...

My jaw dropped when I read "30 weeks"!! No way! You look amazing mama. I cannot believe Hadley will be here soon. And let me just confirm that you're not the only one dealing with these toddler tantrum outbreaks. It's awful!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I soooo hear ya on the tantrums. The other day I took Azalea to target and she let out a single blood-curdling scream when I took something away from her. I'm pretty sure the whole store could hear it. I was mortified, but then it was so hard not to laugh when she followed it up with an "uh oh...." :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

First I cannot believe 30 weeks! Just when I thought time is creeping, it seems to be flying! So exciting! Nest away!


I just read a fb post from a friend with the very same shopping cart issue. I have no clue what I'm talking about really, but what if you left the store until he calmed down? I know sometimes we don't have time for these things but don't allow him to get his way as well as get him any attention. I don't know. I feel like I heard that somewhere. I hate when even the bribing doesn't work!!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! B has been having meltdowns for what feels like forever. He's an opiniated little guy. So know you aren't alone. :/

Megan said...

You look absolutely adorable!! I can't believe how much this pregnancy is flying by...for both of us! Love your sweet bump!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

you look great, lady!!!!

I have a feeling Knox is going to be my tantrum thrower : /

Natalie said...

I can't believe you are already 30 weeks...Hadley will be here before we know it! I know the store can be a total challenge...it's this crazy toddler phase!

Kat said...

aw P is really trying our patience too - all those opinions and lack of communication puts them at a disadvantage.

Myn @ fresh graNOLA family said...

You look great! And Thatcher isn't the only one. My kids were worse in the 18-24 month stage than they were in the so-called terrible twos.

Amy said...

That is my daughter in a nutshell (she was 19 months yesterday). I have decided we can no longer go to a restaurant until she is at least 4 (kidding...kinda). Once she is done eating, then she thinks we should all be done and go home!

Julie Rogers said...

30 weeks---what?!?! That's so exciting!!!!!!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Evie pitched a fit in the store yesterday because I bought her new crayons and she couldn't color IMMEDIATELY. Note to self: do crayon shopping alone from now on.

Mel said...

Looking good, mama! And I'm fully with you in nesting mode!

Sara McCarty said...

30 weeks! Woo hoo! And I wish I could help you out with the tantrums...we're not there yet, but I'm sure my kid will throw some major ones, if he's anything like me when I was a kid. I'm in for it!

Elizabeth said...

I know I'm late commenting, but you look great for 30 weeks!! Hadley will be here before you know it!! :)

Andie said...

Andrew only really throws tantrums when he wants to go outside. I usually try to redirect but sometimes it's kind of hard! But if redirection doesn't work then we just let him throw his tantrum and walk away. Fortunately, we haven't encountered the really bad ones in public yet, but I'm sure that's coming soon!