September 12, 2012

19 month update

I can't believe that Thatcher is closer to 2 than 1. How the heck did THAT happen?!? He is so much fun these days, talking (and climbing) up a storm. It's been a total language explosion in our house, to the point that we really have to watch what we say because he repeats e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.


He still thinks that Elmo rocks, and he's also really into construction vehicles (all of which are "dump trucks" at this point). Thatcher also loves football and is equally excited about the season as we are! He still consumes more yogurt in one day than anyone else I know, and he also has entirely too much energy. Even after a day at school, he will come home and run around the yard for an hour, push his fire truck into walls and furniture for a while and then proceed to jump and splash around the tub. It is quite literally impossible to wear him out. We've tried, trust me!



Thatcher also has an entire series of silly faces that he makes, which I would LOVE to capture on camera, but he never does it once I actually get the camera out. He also spends quite a bit of time pretending to sleep (he lays down wherever he is and says "nigh nigh," complete with snoring sound effects). Yup, pretty sure we have the class clown on our hands.

Photobucket

19 comments:

Danielle said...

Lexi does the snoring thing too and it is seriously the cutest thing ever! Where do they learn this stuff??
He is such a handsome boy!

Kat said...

No word explosion here yet! I can't believe it that they are going to be 2 - are you starting the party planning?

Joeylee said...

Keira started talking a lot around 19 months too and now at almost 22 months she doesn't stop talking...hehe. He is too cute

Katie said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Love that kid. :)

Sarah said...

Aww! He's getting so big! Aubrey is also 19 months old and she's doing a lot of the same things- pretending to sleep, loving on Elmo etc. What a fun age!

Erin said...

These photos we great, he looks so happy! I can't believe another month has alrerady gone by! Happy 19 months to sweet Thatcher!

Christine said...

I bet watching football and screaming at the TV (ie - last year's playoff game) is becoming much more difficult now that he's repeating everything yall say. Haha! I don't think Thatcher and I will be watching any Saints game together anytime soon :)

The Unlikely Runner said...

He is such a cutie! I love the smile!! I bet he is at such a fun age!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

He is so cute! I love that he pretend snores -- seriously adorable!

Claire Kiefer said...

Goodness, I love his outfit! He's looking pretty darling these days. He'll be so cute as a big brother!

Let's hope the game looks a little different this Sunday . . .

Tiffany Kadani said...

Adorable! And that sweet romper is awesome!

Natalie said...

Look at that boy in his Saints outfit...too cute! He's all boy...happy 19 months!

Andie said...

he is growing up so fast and he's so cute!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

He is getting so big!!!!

the workaholic momma said...

aaawwww...he is just TOO cute!!!! I love his saints outfit and Addie is such a yogurt-hog too!!!! I cant believe he is already 19 months!!!

Happy 19 months, Thatcher:)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

He's becoming such a little boy and a cute one at that! I hear ya on the energy thing. I have no idea where W gets it all. I was laughing at someone's picture of the baby asleep in the high chair or bouncer. W has never! Energizer bunny!

Elizabeth said...

Ha! Love that he pretends to sleep with snoring sound effects. That's adorable. They grow up way too quickly!! Great pics!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

That is too cute about his pretend sleep!!! Look at that beautiful head of hair he's getting and those eyes!

Anonymous said...

Love that first picture of him, so much Joy! And love his name, so different :)