August 14, 2012

2 recipes you NEED in your life

I recently made two recipes from Iowa Girl Eats that were both ridiculously delicious.

First, we don't really have Chipotle here. So when I saw the homemade Chipotle Burrito Bowl, I was all over it. Beyond being ridiculously easy, it was ridiculously good. We devoured it, and the husband actually ate it in a tortilla so it really works both ways. This is a recipe you must try! If you don't eat meat, omit the chicken. You won't regret it.


And then I made this Superfood Salad to have on hand for lunch. Oh my word is it good. I omitted the pomegranate arils (which, I had no idea they were called) because let's be honest, I am a mom not Superwoman. I also didn't add shrimp, but I've been eating this for lunch all week and love it. I may add feta or some other cheese next time, but this is an awesome side or even main course. I've already decided I am making it again next week!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Julie Rogers said...

Oh---I LOVE Iowa Girl Eats! Maybe because I'm partial to Iowa natives as that is where I grew up, but she has awesome recipes. Thanks for sharing!

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I saw that bowl on IG and now I've been craving Chipolte all week! Thanks for the links! I'm looking up the superfood salad NOW.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh yum these look so good!! thanks for sharing.