October 20, 2011

Who couldn't use FREE holiday cards from Shutterfly?

You already know that I love paper. And that I am picky about it. So I have very high standards when it comes to Christmas cards, birth announcements and invitations. I am picky about the quality of the paper, the fonts, the colors, the envelopes - yup, pretty much everything! But Shutterfly has seriously never failed me.

Last year I even returned one set of Christmas cards (not from Shutterfly) and wondered why I had even tried a different option. Really, Shutterfly is so reliable AND they have great customer service. Any company that actually responds to emails is ah-mazing in my book.

I love their birth announcements and was thrilled with ours (thanks also to the talented Erin Rachel for the pictures!)

 
I have also made photo books at Shutterfly (most recently as a wedding gift for my brother and sister and law, which was a HUGE hit) and couldn't be more pleased with the way that they come out.


So naturally I will be using them again for my holiday cards this year (and how ever will I pick from the 6,000+ pictures of Thatcher?!?!) Here's one that I adore.


And, 3 of you (that's right - not 1, not 2 but 3 of you!) can win 25 free holiday cards from Shutterfly! Here are the details:

1. Leave a comment letting me know how you display your holiday cards (need ideas!)
2. For an extra entry, and in a separate comment, let me know why you read my blog (I am always curious!)
3. On Friday, October 28, I will post the 3 winners

That's it - so simple, right?

22 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

I've never used shutterfly...always been a loyal Tiny Prints girl...but have a lot of friends/family that use them and love them...and I love receiving their cards from said family and friends!!!

I wish I had creative ideas to share about displaying christmas cards but sadly mine sit at the door in a reindeer box I have:( However, I have had each year's card we sent converted into a "glossy easel" and I display those throughout the house.

Ashley said...

I have a christmas hanging that has 3 pockets that I stuff the pictures into! Kinda hides them, but I can't stand having lots of clutter....

Ashley said...

I read for pictures! Seriously! I love seeing pictures of other people's lives.... and seeing how people spend their day's....give me ideas on what to do in mine!

Katie said...

Yay! So fun - I just started trying to pick out our Christmas cards a few nights ago & it's so hard to choose which one I like best. You always pick good ones! And I wish we lived closer so that we could combine our loves of paper & open a cute shop one day...

We tape all of our Christmas cards to the front of our cabinets in the kitchen - it makes the kitchen look like Christmas, and it's fun to see all of the photo cards on display. And I love reading your blog - I always get excited when I see a new post - I love to hear how things are going & it makes me feel like we're not that far away.

Thanks hosting a great giveaway!

Danielle said...

When we were growing up my mom used this standing snowman that had slots for Christmas Cards and I remember that alot. However, this year I think I am making a pendant garland out of festive scrapbook paper and hanging it behind our couch to show off all our cards!!

I love reading your blog because when we lived in New Orleans, you were pretty close to us so I felt like I could relate. I also read because I like to read other mommies blogs, I feel like I can relate there as well!!

DrayaAnn said...

I take some holiday ribbon and hang it on our banister then take the mini clothes pins and clip the cards to the ribbon.
I use to live in NOLA and anytime I find a blogger from there I somehow just have to read. And Thatcher is two months older than my son so I like to read what he's up to since they are so close in age.
Love the giveaway also. I can't wait to do holiday cards this year since I have a super great kid to show off. :)

Amber said...

Yay, a giveaway! I display my cards on a card wreath my grandmother bought me years ago. It works perfectly!

Amber said...

I read your blog because I love reading and relating to other Mommy blogs. Also, this might sound weird, but I love your blog design, ha! :)

Lindsay said...

I always loved getting christmas cards because my mom had this wreath that held all of of the cards we would receive. It took the place of a picture on our wall- the picture went into the guest room for the month of december. I loved placing the holiday cards on that wreath. Yay for shutterfly and yay for your blog- I read because I am from new orleans and I think we have mutual friends...

Kat said...

Have you seen this ingenious idea for Christmas card display? http://pinterest.com/pin/356721190/

Kat said...

I started reading your blog because our kids are the same age and I can't help but be super curious about what everyone else's nugget is doing at the same time. I continue to read it because of your ability to write beautifully and honestly, your amazing photography, and your continued support with my blog!

Christine said...

I put all my Christmas cards on my fridge and then replace them each year when I get the new one. I think that might have to change though since I seem to be getting more and more of them as people get married, have babies, etc. I realize that wasn't a helpful comment, but I would love to get the giveaway!

Holly said...

I would love to win! I haven't found a good way to display my Christmas cards! I put the really meaningful ones on my fridge but then the rest go in a basket on our table. Boring, I know! Would love to hear your ides!

Holly said...

And I read your blog because Thatcher is too cute and my triplets are just a few months older! :)

Anonymous said...

I display my cards on the inside of my back door. Notreally the ideal area but we are reno-ing the other side of my double (the side with all of the fireplace mantels). So...for now, it will have to do!

Anonymous said...

Also, I read your blog b/c you are a NOLA girl...just like me!

Amy said...

We usually display our cards by hanging them around a door frame in our house. I also have a reindeer shaped picture card holder....perfect for the ones from Shutterfly!!!

Amy said...

I also read your blog because Thatcher is soooo adorable...my daughter Ava was also born in Feb 2011 so they are only a few days apart!!

Lindsay said...

We usually display our cards on the entry table when you walk in the door so everyone can see them! Since we're in the new house, I guess we'll have to find a new spot.

Lindsay said...

I read your blog because its always so witty!

Amber said...

I've been magneting our cards to the fridge and every year I tell myself that NEXT YEAR I'll get a cute display for them. Maybe this will actually be the year?

I love Shutterfly. We recently got a FREE 8x8 photo book from them and when it arrived, the cover was a little messed up. I called them and they sent me a new perfect one at no charge! And the customer service guy was so nice. Did I menion that I love them?

Amber said...

I initially read your blog bc I was excited to find a fellow Louisianian but I keep reading it because your posts always make me smile :-) And I can't get enough of your cutie patootie baby.