Here are some of my current favorite running-related products...
I love to take Thatcher with me whenever I can - he loves to be outside, and it intensifies the work out. I am thrilled with our BOB Revolution and highly recommend this stroller for jogging. The BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller, Black
The only thing that is somewhat annoying is that you have to buy the Bob Handlebar Console for Single Strollers, Black
When Thatcher gets tired of the scenery, he entertains himself with the Manhattan Toy Baby Whoozit
My new favorite gadget is the Nike+ iPod system. Some friends told me about it, and it is pretty much the coolest thing ever. You get a chip to put in your shoe, and it basically tracks your distance and pace. It syncs with your iPod (or iPhone) so that you can easily see - and, get this - HEAR your progress. Yes, it talks to you. Amazing motivation! You can tell it "I want to run 5 miles" and then it will inform you as to where you are against that goal. You can also program a "power song" (mine is totally Encore) to play when you are dragging. For runners like me that sometimes like to meander and try new routes, the ability to have open-ended workouts like "tell me when I have hit 6 miles" is fabulous! Then you can upload it all to the Nike website and chart your performance if you want (better yet, if you have an iPhone, it talks to the Nike website automatically, which is insane).
The website says that you have to have Nike+ shoes to use the chip, but that's not true. You can buy the Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit for iPod nano 3G (Black)
and use it instead.
Last but not least, I am loving all of my Thriv workout gear. My favorite shirt is the Cape Elizabeth Racerback - I know that a ton of companies tell you that you won't feel the sweat in their products, but I swear that this one works. The material is the softest stuff you have ever touched, and it keeps you insanely dry. Considering that I am running in 90 degree heat and close to 100% humidity, that is saying something. I am a huge fan of their workout clothes. Plus, they are based in New Orleans, so I love supporting a local and growing company.
I also recently tried their biking shorts, and they are great, too.
The husband has a few of these shirts, and he literally does not take them off. He works out in them, he lounges in them, he sleeps in them (for real).
Now I just need suggestions for music. My iPod is seriously outdated (In Da Club, anyone?) and I could use some more recent tunes. Ideas welcome!








3 comments:
I'm so glad you were sweet enough to stop by my blog because now i've found another runner! And one who loves gadgets like me too :)
I ran my first half this past Spring. Running with your baby is great for endurance & speed training. You're going to be in much better shape for the run than you think. So excited for you!
The Nike +iPod kit is genius. It almost makes my Garmin useless and an over-expense, frankly. I haven't tried Thriv workout gear, but i will def check them out. I love Lululemon, some Nike tanks & tempo shorts, Lucy, and Brooks gear as well. My fave tank for the summer sweat season has been Asics' Shimmel. I've never had one stayed dry & breathable like this one.
Great post! I've got your blog in my Reader and can't wait to see what you're posting next. Have a great weekend!
This is so great! :) And such motivation for me too!
Music wise...I always thought any of the songs from the Rocky movies were great (Eye of the Tiger- Survivor), and of course any Fergie or Lady Gaga songs. They all have great beats! :)
I LOVE our BOB and the Nike+. They're my fav too!
Post a Comment