I've been trying to think about what I'd like to use this little area of the internet for since New Orleans Moms Blog keeps me so darn busy. I really like having certain things documented for my family's sake, but I don't have an abundance of time. I love the friends I've made blogging (and yes, I really have made legitimate and normal friends through this outlet), and I miss blogging when I'm not writing. I just need to figure out a balance of what I spend time on and when and honestly? Personal blogging was the first thing to go over the holidays and with the transition to 2.
We'll see how 2013 goes, but I do want to try to keep up with preserving family memories here! So on that note...
Thatcher is 23 months, and we're celebrating his second (insert sobs here) birthday next month with an Elmo Mardi Gras party at the playground. It combines most of the things he holds dear (Sesame Street, streetcars, playing outside and king cake); I couldn't figure out a way to tastefully integrate Cars to the theme!
And Hadley? Well she's already 7 weeks (insert mandatory "where does the time go" look here)! She had an exciting first month of life that included 3 trips to Children's Hospital (she is a-okay now; each of those visits is a post in and of itself), and she's enjoyed her first Christmas and New Year's. Just this week she started smiling and it melts my heart every time.



16 comments:
I'm so happy y'all are healthy now. I cannot believe how big Thatcher has gotten. That sounds like an awesome birthday! I rarely got much done work wise for the first 6 months of Hank's life. I'd go in, but a newborn and 2 year old were just too demanding. I definitely plan to work more now that Hank is 6 months old and seems to be on more of a schedule. Regardless of what you decide to do I know you'll handle it gracefully and be successful :)
yay! happy to see you back! I totally understand how time flies and its hard to get time to blog! :)
Welcome back my Friend! This post made me so happy. I seriously cannot believe how big T looks. He's a full on little boy and I love it! Sounds like he's doing a great job as big brother. Hadley is so pretty! I think you need to post a side by side of her and T at that age so we can see the similarities. It looks like the NOLA blog is doing well, so congrats on all of the work that you put in there. I know I always enjoy reading!
Welcome back :) missed you. OMG 2 years...HOW just HOOOWWWW and it looks like he's talking so much! P is still saying about 1 to 1-2 words together. I'm excited for the make-shift sentences.
and omg hadley....no words. time is insane.
OMG, where has the time gone?! I am so glad you are back! Hope all is okay with you all...I think about you often! :) The kiddos are looking so adorable and SO big!
She is sooo adorable! I have missed you. I hope you are settling in a routine with the two kiddos...I know tough it can be! And man Thatcher is going to be 2...they grow so fast!
So glad you posted! Isn't it hard to believe we have 23 month olds? What?! Oh and Hadley is beautiful!
I've missed reading your posts and I am so glad to see you back! I can't believe T is already (almost) 2! And Hadley just keeps getting prettier and prettier!
So sweet! So glad to have read a little update on your adorable fam, and I can't wait to see those monthly updates of Hadley like you do for Thatcher. They're both precious!
Hadley has such a sweet smile! :)
And so happy everyone is healthy again!!
I was wondering how y'all have been! Thatcher's party sounds super cute and very fun! :) sorry for all the ER trips, that sounds awful!
Sounds like a crazy couple of month for sure! Glad things are settling down a bit. So nice to see your cuties in my feed this morning :)
Thatcher is growing up so fast! I cannot believe he is going to be 2 so soon! Hadley is just precious! So glad everyone is healthy now :)
Yes, so hard to keep up with the personal blog when you have so many irons in the fire! I was glad to see a post today, though :)
Baby smiles - so fun!
Oh my goodness! I hope everyone is back to 100% now!
Curious to know what you decide. :)
Clearly, I am quite behind on reading friends blogs! I can only imagine what your life was like with both kids getting the RSV - yuck! How scary! It looks like everyone is well now. Happy Birthday to T man!
Post a Comment