September 6, 2011

It's football season!

We could not be more excited that football season is officially here! It rained pretty much all weekend thanks to Tropical Storm Lee, but at least we had football to watch (and a lot of games that were surprisingly close! Auburn? TCU? Something tells me there are plenty of teams getting their hineys spanked in practice this week!)

Both of our teams got a win! Yes, I know that Tulane is practically a high school football team, but I was raised on Tulane Athletics. Which essentially means that I am not allowed to like LSU. Or come close to even pretending to like LSU. Or even think about liking LSU. My dad actually told me he wouldn't move me into dorms there, and I highly doubt he was kidding. I love everything about SEC football, but I am wired to cheer against the boys in purple and gold, much to my husband's dismay. Whom I often have to remind that he has zero allegiance to the school other than living in the state. Some of my fondest memories as a child are going to Tulane sporting events with my dad. We didn't miss a football, basketball or baseball game, and I still have the t-shirt from when they went undefeated in 2000.




We are planning to take Thatcher to his first Tulane football game next weekend, and I can't wait!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

My hubby's family went to Tulane so they get serious and go to every game! I went there for a semester and my cousin and uncle go there as well :) so we know how you feel about Tulane! I bet he has a blast this weekend!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

You just made our weekend. That sin dip is a MUST! LOVE football season!

Anonymous said...

Tulane is such a fantastic school. I thought very seriously about attending there when I was making my final Undergrad choice. Thanks for the link on the sin dip - boy howdy that is right up my alley!

Even though I'm a die-hard Falcons fan, my husband is a life-long Saints fan. Hope they beat the Packers tomorrow night!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

such a cutie...he looks ready for his 1st season too :-)

Kat said...

oh my god, adorable!