August 14, 2011

Florida in pictures

We just got back this afternoon from a wonderful week in Florida. Another blogger (Ashley) posted last week about how vacation with a baby is not really vacation, and it's so true. Don't get me wrong - I'll take the beach and a week away from work whenever you're offering, but long gone are the leisurely days of sitting by the pool reading with a daiquiri in hand. I had high hopes of reading 30 books and was lucky to read 6 chapters. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Thatcher came down with a horrible cold while we were there and the poor thing is still running a fever this afternoon. I feel so bad for him because he's totally helpless and can barely eat his bottle since he can't breathe very well. Sick babies are the worst!

I am proud to say, though, that I did not take ONE picture with my point and shoot while we were there. I only shot with my DSLR and 100% in manual. It still took 300+ pictures to get 20-30 that I like, but it's progress!

Thatcher tried sweet potatos and LOVED them!

Thatcher spent a lot of time in his new jumper!





Is there anything cuter than a baby napping in a swimsuit?




Paradise















We also tried peas. And clearly loved them. That would be food on his forehead.


My FAVORITE picture from the week.



I am sad to go back to work tomorrow, but the exciting thing is that tomorrow is the first day I'll be working from home! I have no idea what to expect since it's my first day in my new position! My old boss was also sweet enough to arrange a goodbye lunch (even though I am just changing roles within our organization and not going too far), so I am looking forward to a yummy meal tomorrow, too.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, that place is stunning!! Beautiful pictures. I love the one of him sleeping...so cute and peaceful!!

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Umm, hello pro photographer, those are great pics. Thatcher is adorable, and i need to know the name of this hotel. It is beautiful!

Quinn said...

The pictures are beautiful! I love the 6 month photos!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those pics look like they're from a professional. The napping pics are my fave. Thatcher is such a cutie pie! Y'all must've stayed in Alys. Such a chic beach area! Glad y'all had a great, albeit busy, vacation. And good luck tomorrow!

Amber said...

Looove the pictures, especially the first one and the one of his striped bum! Oh and the one on the bed where he's leaning over and smiling. Great job with the DSLR!

Lindsay said...

Love the picts on the bed.

Sam W. said...

great pictures!!! he is such a precious little boy :)

Sam @ fitness food & faith

Kat said...

Gorgeous photos. Gorgeous baby. The end.

Lucky in Love said...

Those pictures are amazing!! Thatcher is getting so big :)