June 13, 2011

Another reason to break the Facebook habit

I need to join Facebook Anonymous. There has to be a 12 step program for this, right? Why is it so addicting? For me, it's not just the ability to be nosy (it is basically the modern day version of peeking over your next door neighbor's fence), though I do love the play-by-play of my long lost "friends" from elementary school's vacations. Oh no, I have found a way better reason to stay on Facebook: children's clothing sales.

This is dangerous, y'all. There you are killing time waiting in line at the grocery store when up on your screen pops the most adorable picture of a sun-kissed towhead on the beach at sunset wearing an adorable smocked outfit. And it can be yours with a quick comment. Yikes.

Exhibit A (purchased during a work meeting via Smocktions, which I love for affordability: this john john was only $26)


And Exhibit B (purchased in a waiting room via Smockadot Kids)


Please tell me I am not the only one bankrupting our family one outfit at a time on Facebook! The husband and I agreed that I could have a "baby budget" every month (really it's the only way that I'll stay halfway disciplined) and I've already spent it. It's just too easy! I know that I could unlike these pages, but why? And while I really shouldn't add more of these sites to my "news" feed (the latest in smocked goodness ranks right up there with international politics, I tell you), if you happen to know of more, I am all ears...

10 comments:

melissa said...

Darn you! I just "liked" both of those pages. Like I don't shop enough already! :)

Laura said...

Those are so cute! I didn't even know pages like that existed on facebook. Thanks for sharing your addiction!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

So cute! I just "liked" those too! I also found a great deal on Sprinkled Sweet Boutique on fb.

Ashley Paige said...

Umm.. I just "liked" both of those pages. This isnt going to bode well on any fronts. Really... BUT THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! I just dropped a Jon-Jon off for monogramming this morning. I think we need an intervention.

Unknown said...

Girl... I am obsessed with this too!!!!!

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Love that jon-jon. Off to find them on facebook.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hahah, I love it!

the workaholic momma said...

Uh oh - I've been on the E-Bay smocked and monogrammed bandwagon for far TOO long...now this - my bank account is going to kill me:(

Lindsay said...

So cute! Just had to like them both!!

Jen said...

Hi there! Just hopped over from Jenna's "challenge" and saw this post...which sounds exactly like me! I think Facebook must be mentioned frequently in our house, since my almost-3-year-old said something about "Facebook" the other day while playing outside! ha! I haven't done any shopping on there, but now I'm curious! ;)