Happy Mardi Gras from New Orleans! I feel about Mardi Gras the way I know most people feel about Christmas: I can't wait for it to get here, I love everything about the season and then I'm sad when it's over. It was even more fun this year since Thatcher kind of got it and was really into everything, especially king cake. I wrote a post about
the five life lessons we can teach our children through Mardi Gras, and it really made me glad that we have the chance to expose our children to such a unique and fun tradition.
We spent the weekend at parades (sans Hadley), and Thatcher had an absolute ball. The entire time he was saying "more Mardi Gras," and if more floats we're coming, we'd tell him "yes, there's more Mardi Gras" and then he'd look at all of us and inform us "more coming!!!" He also was quick to tell us that "Thatcher get beads Mardi Gras!" He really loved everything about it, but I guess if you're born in February then you're going to be a Mardi Gras baby whether you like it or not!
I already can't wait for next year. While Mardi Gras is definitely different with kids, it's also just so much fun to see it through their eyes.
10 comments:
he is so darn cute - i can't get enough ;) I have NEVER been to mardi gras. maybe one day we can introduce the kids to one another and we can actually check out all that is fun ;)
Look at Thatcher with those sunglasses...he's too cool for school! So glad you guys had a great time at Mardi Gras!
Oh wow! Look how HAPPY he is! Adorable!
What incredibly precious pictures of T. I have to admit that Mardi Gras makes me so sad b/c I spent the whole season wishing I were back in New Orleans!
They just exude a sense of happiness at Mardi Gras that can't be replicated! He looks adorable in every shot.
As a mommy, I am happy that life is returning to normal though!
Love the picture of L & T!
Love love love his Mardi Gras pictures! IT was so fun to see it through Andrew's eyes as well. I loved the excitement on his face every time a new band would roll in or a float would pass by! So stinking cute! :)
Thatcher looks so cool in his sunglasses! :)
awww what a little cutie pie!!!! i can feel he was having so much fun with those pics!!!
Thatcher just might be the cutest Mardi Gras baby I've seen...such a beautiful family you have!
Hi smile is just too cute. See and here I thought mardi gras was all boobs and booze so I've never been. Maybe I should come experience it your way!
Post a Comment