Since he was born, Thatcher has LOVED to be swaddled and sleep as snuggly as possible. First he slept in the newborn napper part of the Pack N Play, which I affectionately called the cocoon.
Then he moved into the amazing Fisher Price newborn rocker, which is the best baby invention on the planet as far as I'm concerned. He naps and sleeps SO well in there. He even chills during happy hour on the porch in this thing. A total must have if you ask me and a major secret to my sanity. Over the past 2 weeks, he has been sleeping consistently through the night next to our bed.
But all good things must come to an end. Thatcher still fits in the rocker, but it's time for him to move. Why mess with what's working? Well, I want a baby who will sleep on flat surfaces and in his crib. I have been trying to get him to nap in his crib lately and he doesn't love it
So last night he slept flat in the Pack N Play in our room. I knew we'd be up 349 times, so I decided to start with him in our room. Plus, we head to the beach tomorrow and he can continue with this arrangement there and then move to his crib when we get back. I also want him to be able to nap well at daycare in 3 weeks, and they certainly don't have inclined rockers!
And the Pack N Play party ended at 6:20am. This picture is not upside down; Thatcher had wiggled his way completely sideways and was looking at me like "mom, really???" Yes, son. Really. You are getting an eviction notice from our room. While it breaks my heart, we will be a happier family in the long run if you move to your room sometime before you're married. And thank you for only stirring approximately 18 times in 8 hours. Kisses.



12 comments:
AAWWW - Thatcher, you have got to let your parents get a little more sleep! Looks like you guys are going to need some coffee or tea this morning;) Hope you guys have a great Saturday!!!
Cute pictures of your son! I hope he starts to sleep better for you! It seems like it takes them some time to adjust when they are newborns! He will get the hang of it soon!
Oh man, I know how that is. And my girl slept in a swaddle-me until 7 months old. For real.
Haha...that's a tough transition but an important one. Good luck.
My son is 5 months old, is going through some major teething discomfort and will no longer sleep on flat surfaces, only in his carseat! So, I feel your pain.
Oh I remember when we moved Trey out of our room. I cried and cried and cried. He was fine with it - I was the emotional one! It's good for all of you - everyone will sleep better with him in his crib! Best of luck on the transition!! xoxo
p.s. Seriously, he is SO cute!!!
I am adding that rocker to my list for the next baby. I love it! We moved my son into his room pretty soon after he was born too. Every single little move he would make would make me wake up and same for him (he would wake at our moves). We had him in his carseat for the first 2 weeks or so and then, like you, I wanted him in the crib. (I was worried about him losing his hair in the back..haha) It didn't take too long to transition, so prayers for a smooth transition for you!!!
Oh, and I meant to add that we would roll up a blanket and put it up against his side/back, which helped for 2 reasons. 1) made him feel all snuggly 2)Kept him from moving around the crib.
love the uva blanket! have a fun beach trip!
He's so cute!! I hope you'll be getting better sleep soon! ..Although, I've decided that becoming a mom means you'll probably NEVER get the same kind of good sleep that you used to!!!
The rocker is AMAZING! We take ours EVERYWHERE! Our son hates being swaddled and it made for the worse sleeping experience ever! He would only sleep in a swing or that rocker because it kept his hands close to his body. It stopped him from waking up everytime he had a startled reflex.
Happy Saturday!
Awww, what a cutie!!! That rocker looks amazing, I can see why he likes it so much. I wouldn't mine one. For me!
Post a Comment