I think part of it is the fact that certain smells have such a strong place in my memory - if I smell certain perfumes, I immediately think of college. If I smell others, I automatically think of the city where we were living at the point in time when I wore that perfume. Some perfumes have stood the test of time while others have come in and out of my collection. But I am definitely a multi-perfume kind of girl (and the husband by extension is a multi-cologne guy). I don't want to get "stuck" being associated with one scent. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think perfume is such a fun accessory.
Some of my favorites, in no particular order, are:
Kai Body Glow - perfect for a spring or summer night. It also has the smallest amount of sparkle/sheen to it.
Vera Wang, which I wore on my wedding day. I actually have the physical bottle (which is now empty) from my wedding day, which means nothing to anyone but me and I am okay with that. In fact, I once made a hotel overnight it back to me for a ridiculous sum of money even though they were like "you do know there are only drops left in it, m'aam." One of my crazier moments for sure, but what can I say - perfume is sentimental to me!
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, which is kind of spicy. I like it for casual nights and think you can wear it pretty much year round. I also like it for daytime events because it's not too "fancy" or overpowering.
L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake which is a "go to" scent for me when I don't know what else to wear. I prefer this one at night but don't think it's too strong for daytime wear. I also think it works pretty much year round.
Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf, which I love both because the husband picked it and gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago but also because I get compliments when wearing it. Who doesn't love compliments? This one is definitely more of an evening perfume.
And today I added to my collection thanks to a Sephora gift card from Christmas. I decided on Lola by Marc Jacobs and am looking forward to wearing it. Depending on when Thatcher comes it may be a while before I have an occasion, but perfume fits regardless of how pregnant you are, so it is good retail therapy!
What scents do you all like? I seriously believe that one can never have enough perfume!






5 comments:
I love kai. I have only smelled it, never owned. I may need some:)
Hmmmm maybe for my bday!
Right now I rotate between:
Lacoste Pink
True Religion
Chanel No 5
ACQUA di GIOAI {giorgio armani}
Hope your feeling great and having an awesome day!
I love D&G light blue. I've also been loving DKNY Pure lately. It was a birthday gift. Cheers!
I super love Vera Wang. I love all your choices. I would have to add to the list Miss Dior Cherie for me, though!
I love perfume too, such a great accessory! Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue was my go to for a while, I still love it and I wore Marc Jacob's Lola for my wedding! Still have some left and I wear it on special occasions! Good choices :)
Oh, I love this! I love Bvlgari Blue II--that's what I wear every day. And on my wedding day I wore Hot Couture. It's super sweet and has almost a slight cotton candy smell to it (and no--I did NOT smell like a stripper at my wedding, lol).
Post a Comment