This morning after Church the husband and I tried a new breakfast spot,
New Orleans Coffee & Beignet. I was a little hesitant to try beignets from anywhere other than Cafe du Monde, but Cafe du Monde is also a tourist trap and inconvenient and we figured it couldn't hurt to try a new place. I was thrilled to find out that these were pretty much just as good. In case you've never had a beignet, it is a deep fried piece of dough covered with powdered sugar. Not sure there's a better way to start your day than with this mouth-watering piece of perfection.
Image courtesy hereNow the Saints just need to hold on to this lead!
2 comments:
Now I'm going to have to go get a beignet! The power of suggestion is too strong these days! LOL.
Wow, I keep seeing beignets popping up on menus but have never tried one. They look FANTASTIC! I may have to indulge myself here one of these days.
Post a Comment