The rug from Pottery Barn came in, and I absolutely adore it. I love that it's neutral enough to grow with the room over time, and it's really soft. I was a little hesitant about the price, but I had a 10% off coupon so that helped a little bit. In the end I am really glad we invested in this rug because I think we'll have it for many years to come. The husband also kindly installed shelves on the wall, which you can sort of see. There is one smaller shelf above the visible shelf - I'll have to take a better picture at some point. I had to put something on them, though the stuff that's up there now won't stay forever.
And yes, that's a Boston Terrier stuffed animal on the couch. He comes from my childhood if you can believe that (I was like a little kid on Christmas morning when I discovered him in a box that's been packed for 10 years) - I guess it was a sign of things to come! He's been named Beaux. Mostly because that is one of my favorite names for a boy (well, without the "x") but it sounds horrible with our last name so we ruled it out.

And then, because I am a major dork, I am excited about the pile of stuffed animals that my mom brought over from my brother and I's childhood. My brother had an obsession with collecting the stuffed dogs from FAO Schwartz (he seriously asked for one EVERY Christmas and birthday), which I am thankful for now because I think they're so ridiculously cute. I thought he was weird at the time because he had a dog pound in his room, but they're actually really cool stuffed animals that I'd never buy for myself.

And to go along with the theme of childhood hobbies predicting a LOT about you, my mom also brought over all of my childhood books. Well, we actually weeded through them and these were the ones that were worth keeping, but it's so fun to think about reading to Thatcher from the same books that I read as a little girl. I pretty much loved reading from the minute I could say "book," so I am hoping to pass that on to our children.

The next projects on our list are getting a bookshelf to store the books and display picture frames, as well as a piece of furniture for next to the floor lamp. I am debating between a rocker and lower bookshelf or maybe even a console table (because there's a window on that wall that you can't see in the picture). Honestly it will probably be whatever I find first. I'd love to get older pieces that have character, especially since the dresser is an antique, but sadly money doesn't grow on trees in our backyard. If you know how to solve that, please let me know!
3 comments:
I love the carpet. It looks really good with the crib and the couch! You should check out some estate or yard sales. You never know what cool stuff you can find!
i. love. that. rug. it was worth every penny, it's darling!! i cant wait to see more of the room come together.. it's looking so classic and chic!!
Awww, I love all the stuffed animals and books. How precious!
Post a Comment